We are not out of this division race yet folks

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
Did you guys know that the giants doesn't face a team with a losing record for the rest of the year??

they play the eagles twice the skins the cowboys, the ravens, the vikings, the cardinals, and the panthers.

they can easily go 4-4 through that stretch and they have to stay healthy.

they wont sweep the eagles and the skins will be looking for revenge as well as the cowboys.

they would really have to win all their non divisional games which i dont see them doing.

all in all it will be a super tough stretch for them opposed to what we have to go against with our guys coming back.

what do you think??

utrunner07

Reaction score
I really don't think it matters too much if we win the division or not. This team has not been that much better at home...

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doubtful.

I'd say NYG goes at least 12-4, a mark we have no hope of reaching.

They'd have to get Manning injured for them to do worse.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The Giants are playing like a Super Bowl team and they want it, badly. They have a bad attitude and they push people around, somebody needs to punch em in the mouth. It might just be the Titans....

TonyS

Reaction score
I like the positive thinking of this thread. It truly isn't over yet.

All we have to do is fix the following before our next game:

1) Inferior/Weak/Lazy offensive line

2) Weak defense with little propensity for causing turnovers and stopping teams on 3rd down.

3) Lack of ability to react to what a defense is doing and call the right offensive plays.

4) Slow receivers who get jammed and taken out of plays WAY too easily

5) Poor/No tackling (I thought that Jenkins no-tackle was indicative of our team. Glad the youngster is learning how its NOT done.)

6) Defensive coaching that can't take umpteen first round picks and pro-bowlers and turn them into a top 10 defense.

I have high hopes for the next few weeks of the season.

BadKarma

Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that we'll be able win the division. Even if we were to win out from this point on, the Giants would have to lose 4 of the next 8 games.

In fact, at this point, we're fighting for the second wildcard spot. Yes...the second. Not impossible but this team needs to start playing with sense of urgency (i.e., improve pass rush, reduce penalties, and turnovers).

The players need to start playing like a team with its back in the corner. There are no more opportunities for mistakes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think you can look at records right now and determine who will be in the post season. Weren't the Giants 6-2 at this time last season? Ended the season 10-6? This race isn't over. Especially with Eli at quarterback. His stats look decent against us but frankly i expected him to do more damage to a young secondary.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;2394692 said:
I don't think you can look at records right now and determine who will be in the post season. Weren't the Giants 6-2 at this time last season? Ended the season 10-6? This race isn't over. Especially with Eli at quarterback. His stats look decent against us but frankly i expected him to do more damage to a young secondary.
I was not overly impressed with the Giants being that we handed them 21 points basically and Eli missing on some passes and fumbling the ball. I will feel confident with a healthly Romo of course if we somehow met them in the playoffs. I am really not that scared of the Giants or any team in the NFC for that matter on the condition that we have a healthy football team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bootsy;2394763 said:
I was not overly impressed with the Giants being that we handed them 21 points basically and Eli missing on some passes and fumbling the ball. I will feel confident with a healthly Romo of course if we somehow met them in the playoffs. I am really not that scared of the Giants or any team in the NFC for that matter on the condition that we have a healthy football team.

Its hard to take anything away from the champs but i'm just not impressed with them. I probably should be. Frankly, their defense doesn't scare me. Not at all. There front four is a beast. Don't get me wrong but if Romo was out there they wouldn't have had 8 in the box the majority of the game. Bollinger got a chance to exploit their defense a little bit. I was more imperssed with the Bucc's defense last week to be honest. Eli is a turnover waiting to happen IMO. I just don't think he's a good quarterback. A game changer anyway. I have no reason to be but with a healthy Dallas team I like our chances against anyone in this league. I hope they don't feel the season is over. There isn't one team out there I feel is better than the Cowboys. Patriots put fear in everyones hearts. I don't see that team this year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
People are really overreacting to this loss. I do understand.

You cannot guage the D on this game. Yes, they do tackle poorly at times. But not always. Yes that needs to be addressed. But people are acting as if we don't have a decent defense. The problems are correctable esp with the return of some players.

Our offense is a great D. It always is for every team. If you score 30 points a game you have to have a terrible D and STs and make way too many mistakes and turnovers. Guess what? We do. But I really don't see us staying this far down in the turnover battle. It really does tend to even out some. I don't expect to get 25+ but we can get even and that is enough. I actually expect to get positive. STs can get better. They can't get a lot worse. Ten yds on returns and 5 on PRs. Our KRs are pretty good now.

Penalties, mistakes and tackling are all correctable. Romo gives us field position. We are talented.

We can win every single game left including the Giants, Skins and Pittsburg. Ravens too.

Once again we looked horrible in 71 with the exact same record. We won the SB. This team is as talented IMO. They just need to play football.

Rudy

Reaction score
Eli Manning tried his hardest to be Dallas' MVP today...if he plays like that a few more games this season, the Giants could very well be looking for a wildcard or worse...Take away Big Ben's horrible game last week, mixed with bad penalty calls (I hate saying that last part) and Brad Johnson giving them a short field and they are on a 2 game losing streak. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
TonyS;2394479 said:
6) Defensive coaching that can't take umpteen first round picks and pro-bowlers and turn them into a top 10 defense.

We have the ninth-ranked defense right now.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2394924 said:
We have the ninth-ranked defense right now.

Which just confirms numbers only mean so much.

As to the origin of the thread, I think the hope for this team becomes that Washington and Philly lose a few and we leapfrog our way back to second place. Winning the division is becoming increasingly unlikely, but I don't know that Washington and Philadelphia are untouchable.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rudy;2394832 said:
Eli Manning tried his hardest to be Dallas' MVP today...if he plays like that a few more games this season, the Giants could very well be looking for a wildcard or worse...Take away Big Ben's horrible game last week, mixed with bad penalty calls (I hate saying that last part) and Brad Johnson giving them a short field and they are on a 2 game losing streak. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

There's two sides to that. The Giants were faaar from playing good football today, yet still whipped us.

Eli handed us seven points, and then tried to perform a magic trick by making the ball disappear on that goofy fumble.

Sure, we had injuries. But good teams find ways to overcome them. Or, at the very least, remain competitive even in defeat.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
TonyS;2394479 said:
1) Inferior/Weak/Lazy offensive line

2) Weak defense with little propensity for causing turnovers and stopping teams on 3rd down.

I think people pointing at the defense is wrong. In all honesty, they have played really well the last 2 weeks.

They created quite a few turn overs today.

Not really their fault when the offense goes 3rd and out, or turns the ball over and gives NY about 20 yards to go to get in the end zone.

21 points off turn overs for NY today. That really points more at the offense than the defense.

If you had told me we would cause 3-4 turn overs today and score a defensive touch down, I would probably have guessed that we pulled hte upset.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
If this team fights back into the playoff hunt, I will be satisfied. 10-6 and a wildcard gets you a chance to go to Chicago, AZ or Carolina and make some noise. Frankly, Texas Stadium hasn't been much of a homefield advantage for this team in years.

Romo, Kosier, Felix, and Newman could make a difference.