We are one of those kind of teams huh?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Beat the losers.....become losers to the winners.....

And here I was scouring the interwebs and local yellow pages for the cheapest Rocket Scientist

Wood

Reaction score
Certain players do enough to leverage the high profile situation of being a Dallas Cowboy to get paid. That part I do know.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is nothing new.

It's been the Garrett M.O. for years.

Slightly better than average. We can beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones.

And that is exactly how this season has gone thus far. Strength of competition. We beat three teams that have combined for what? 2 wins out of 14 games? We've then proceeded to lose to the 2 over .500 teams we've faced.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is nothing new.

Slightly better than average. We can beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones.

And that is exactly how this season has gone thus far. Strength of competition. We beat three teams that have combined for what? 2 wins out of 14 games? We've then proceeded to lose to the 2 over .500 teams we've faced.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Amen, my fellow Doc Holliday brethren

garyo1954

Reaction score
Tom Landry used to say it was easier to go from worst to first than to go from middling to the top. Seems to work that way since low man on the totem pole gets all the top dogs in the draft.

JBS

Reaction score
This is nothing new.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

You stole about 100 words right out of my mouth

Where the heck you been, op, for the last 10 years

gmb1

Reaction score
It sucks because we're never bad enough to get a top pick. Maybe get that quarterback the Dak haters have been clamoring for.

Carson

Reaction score
Like last year, an average team.

we just came out with wins in the close games last year

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tom Landry used to say it was easier to go from worst to first than to go from middling to the top. Seems to work that way since low man on the totem pole gets all the top dogs in the draft.
Did he? Gotta look that one up.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Whoa is Doc Holliday talkin to himself?

DapperFriendlyAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Like last year, an average team.

we just came out with wins in the close games last year

winning the close games makes an average team a good team.

We were a good team at the end of last season. So far this season we’ve been inconsistent in all three phases.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It sucks because we're never bad enough to get a top pick. Maybe get that quarterback the Dak haters have been clamoring for.

I don't know...after watching this mess, where do we even start in the draft?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. He wasn't much of a talker, but when he did say something, you heard it. My favorite: "When you throw the ball three things can happen and two of them are bad."
Man, I'm so unlucky to have not had the privilege to witness those times.
I don’t know if that coaching style would be effective in this day and age, but I’d love to find out

AlienBoy

Reaction score
I finally give in. I've never felt so defeated. It's finally sunk in. I've stayed positive for all these years, looking forward to every game. I'll still watch. I know the season's not over, I'll still watch and root, but the excitement is gone. I don't think I've ever lost it so early in the season. I've always managed to stay positive even when things looked like they were going bad. Always felt like things would take a turn for the better and many times it did. Look at last year. Things were going downhill and then we go on that winning streak. Guess it would have been better to lose those 1st games and then start winning later as the team improved. To come out like a juggernaut and be considered elite when playing weak teams then not be able to carry that on to better competition...oh well. After losing to the saints, I was really expecting this team to come out with some intensity. Only good thing you can say is this team didn't give up. They fought till the end. Maybe this will translate to a transformation. History says otherwise. Go Cowboys.