We are the big winner today...

Hailmary

Reaction score
....on many levels.

1. We add a dynamic deep threat.
2. Keep RW away from the Eagles (who could've used him more than us).
3. No Gonzo for the GMen.

OK, so we lose Pac for 4 games, but I have a pretty good feeling about Jenkins and Scandrick.

Also, on a side note, Shaun King predicts that the GMen won't make it to the playoffs, that their key losses on defense will really hurt them in the 2nd half of the season when they start playing against the NFC Beast. I don't agree, but found it interesting.

Hailmary

Reaction score
....on many levels.

1. We add a dynamic deep threat.
2. Keep RW away from the Eagles (who could've used him more than us).
3. No Gonzo for the GMen.

OK, so we lose Pac for 4 games, but I have a pretty good feeling about Jenkins and Scandrick.

Also, on a side note, Shaun King predicts that the GMen won't make it to the playoffs, that their key losses on defense will really hurt them in the 2nd half of the season when they start playing against the NFC Beast. I don't agree, but found it interesting.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you...this team will finially have enough of the BSPN and the hating around the league and media and just play some damn football!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think King is nuts. I don't think everyone should look at last night and assume that the Giants are suddenly going to suck in the second half of the year.

I think they'll still be in the playoffs and in the thick of the NFC East race until deep into the season.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Even though we gave up 3 draft we got one today and we had two 3's and 6's so we lost the first basically we still have 8 draft picks..... :eek:

Hailmary

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2338988 said:
I think King is nuts. I don't think everyone should look at last night and assume that the Giants are suddenly going to suck in the second half of the year.

I think they'll still be in the playoffs and in the thick of the NFC East race until deep into the season.

I agree w/ you, but if you look at their schedule after next week's game against the niners, their schedule's pretty brutal.

@ Steelers
Cowboys
@ Eagles
Ravens
@ Cards
@ Skins
Eagles
@ Cowboys
Panthers
@ Vikes

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hailmary;2339022 said:
I agree w/ you, but if you look at their schedule after next week's game against the niners, their schedule's pretty brutal.

@ Steelers
Cowboys
@ Eagles
Ravens
@ Cards
@ Skins
Eagles
@ Cowboys
Panthers
@ Vikes

It's not as brutal as it seems, really. Pitt has one of the worst OLs in all of football, they'll get us with BJ under center + no Felix/Newman/Pacman/etc, they should split with the Eagles, the Vikes are subpar, the Ravens have a joke of an offense, the Cards aren't all that great(we beat ourselves, admit it), the Dec Panthers game is at home...really, the @Skins game is the only gimme loss on their schedule.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;2339044 said:
It's not as brutal as it seems, really. Pitt has one of the worst OLs in all of football, they'll get us with BJ under center + no Felix/Newman/Pacman/etc, they should split with the Eagles, the Vikes are subpar, the Ravens have a joke of an offense, the Cards aren't all that great(we beat ourselves, admit it), the Dec Panthers game is at home...really, the @Skins game is the only gimme loss on their schedule.
Yeah, but who would have thought 24 hours ago that the Browns would rout them?

and how is @Skins a gimme loss and @Dallas isn't?

I see 10-6/9-7 for the Giants on that schedule.

Skip

Reaction score
Wow, told my wife Sunday that if I got my wish that Jerry would get the guts to get Roy Williams so I am a happy fan right now.

Pac Man has really peeved me off though! Not sure I wouldn't just cut his sorry butt!

Skip

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm not as optimistic. We basically gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Roy. A little too much for my tastes. I think Roy is a good WR, but he had problems with his teammates in Detroit. Sure, it may be Detroit, but we keep going after guys with problems and that's not what built this team.

Losing Pacman should be huge. It screws up with any plans we have for our nickel and dime packages and if Jenkins or Scandrick get hurt, well...yikes.

And while I like Williams, it's likely going to take him some time to get used to the system. Then when he starts feeling somewhat comfortable, Romo will come back and that's a new QB having to get in sync with.

I think Dallas was pretty much screwed for the next three games anyway. But losing another corner certainly didn't help matters.

YAKUZA

Boysboy

Reaction score
windward;2339054 said:
Yeah, but who would have thought 24 hours ago that the Browns would rout them?

and how is @Skins a gimme loss and @Dallas isn't?

I see 10-6/9-7 for the Giants on that schedule.

B/c we suck in Dec? No-I didn't say they're guaranteed to win in Dallas in Dec, but we're not either considering our past history. As for the Skins game, I would think the Skins would be thirsting for revenge on their home field after their poor showing against them on the national stage in wk1.

As for getting routed by the Browns? We ourselves got an ***-whooping by a mediocre Cards team last week too. The score wasn't as close as it looked, thanks to a number of blown calls we benefited from and alot of lucky bounces of the ball.

Just saying, that's all.

Hailmary

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2338988 said:

I also think the point King was making (w/o actually saying it) was not to crown them as NFC East champs based on their easy first half schedule.

MONT17

Reaction score
Yeah Jerry made a huge mistake by listening to his scouts n coaches! This trade may be a cpl months too late! I guess Romos QB rating was not enough to sell PSLs in Jerrys eyes

btcutter

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2339102 said:
I'm not as optimistic. We basically gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Roy. A little too much for my tastes. I think Roy is a good WR, but he had problems with his teammates in Detroit. Sure, it may be Detroit, but we keep going after guys with problems and that's not what built this team.

Losing Pacman should be huge. It screws up with any plans we have for our nickel and dime packages and if Jenkins or Scandrick get hurt, well...yikes.

And while I like Williams, it's likely going to take him some time to get used to the system. Then when he starts feeling somewhat comfortable, Romo will come back and that's a new QB having to get in sync with.

I think Dallas was pretty much screwed for the next three games anyway. But losing another corner certainly didn't help matters.

YAKUZA

It depends on where our picks are in the 09 draft. If we finish in the bottom 3rd (very likely 20 and beyond), think what it will take to move up into the top 15 pick to get a WR of RW caliber (proven too).

I don't think we really over paid. However, I do wonder how much RW will help us though.
Our D and special teams are bigger problems that needs to be addressed.
Furthermore, how is TO holding up?? happy or angry???

we are walking a very tight rope.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
We are the only team to make a trade(Aside from Detroit) so how could anyone esle be the winner?