We can clinch the playoffs nex week if?????

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Coy;2496430 said:
We win and both the Falcons (at Minn) and Eagles (at Wash) lose.

It is a real possibility, the problem will be Washington but it is a division game at home so it`s not out of the question to think it can be done.

(I am obviously assuming the eagles win tonight)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario;_ylt=AuENDNRPYbQ1Pg_q4yILwagZc9AF
I think if TB and ATL or TB and PHI loses also will clinch it. I will have a real good feeling if we win on Saturday night. These teams will be facing some pressure on Sunday to keep up.

Coy

Reaction score
bootsy;2496534 said:
I think if TB and ATL or TB and PHI loses also will clinch it. I will have a real good feeling if we win on Saturday night. These teams will be facing some pressure on Sunday to keep up.

The only way we can clinch next week is if we win and both the Falcons and the Eagles lose, if TB and Atl or TB and Philly lose we don´t clinch. But I do agree that these teams will be feeling the pressure in Sunday, it will be fun, first though we´ve got to beat the Ravens.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Coy;2496559 said:
The only way we can clinch next week is if we win and both the Falcons and the Eagles lose, if TB and Atl or TB and Philly lose we don´t clinch. But I do agree that these teams will be feeling the pressure in Sunday, it will be fun, first though we´ve got to beat the Ravens.
Well that's good to know because the least likely of the 3 to lose is Tampa because they have San Diego at home(although I think they could lose that one). Philly and Atl are on the road.

Coy

Reaction score
bootsy;2496615 said:
Well that's good to know because the least likely of the 3 to lose is Tampa because they have San Diego at home(although I think they could lose that one). Philly and Atl are on the road.

It could get weird rooting for the Skins on Sunday but if it comes to that Go Skins.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Any two of the three of TB, ATL, or PHI losing combined with our win would clinch.

BigDave95

Reaction score
We need Chicago to lose one of their final two games also. They could screw us if we end up in a multi-team 10-6 tiebreaker and they're included.

BigDave95

Reaction score
theogt;2496641 said:
Any two of the three of TB, ATL, or PHI losing combined with our win would clinch.

Not true. If Tampa and Atlanta both lose BUT Chicago and Philly both win, we will NOT clinch.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
There is a very good chance that Atlanta loses to the Vikings and Philly loses to Washington.

We must win this game, period! It's going to be hard for Philly to win back to back division games.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Coy;2496660 said:
If we win and Philly and Atl lose, we clinch, it does`nt matter what either TB or Chicago do the rest of the way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs..._q4yILwagZc9AF

Theo said that if any of the two of TB, ATL, and Philly lose and we win, we clinch. This is not true. If only Tampa and Atl lose, we will not have clinched.

People need to be aware of Chicago. They will most likely not make the playoffs but they could screw us if multiple teams finish at 10-6 and Philly finishes at 10-5-1.

Coy

Reaction score
Somewhat Correct.
If we win Saturday you just have to root for the Vikings and Commanders in order to secure a playoff spot, the Bears wouldn´t matter.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Don't forget. Philly plays tonight against the Browns. Maybe a miracle will happen and Browns will win.

geeter

Reaction score
I think the easiest way is ......just take care of business and win the last two games.......:omg:

taking that mojo into the playoffs:starspin

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping for this scenario to play out.

Cowboys beat Bal.
Atlanta beats Min
Philly beats Was

Then in week 17 Atlanta beats St Louis in Atlanta at 1:00pm eliminating the Eagles just minutes before they take the field against us.

The life, the heart and the will to fight will be sucked out of the crowd and the eagles team. I can assure you we would roll them by 20!

BigDave95

Reaction score
Coy;2496689 said:
Somewhat Correct.
If we win Saturday you just have to root for the Vikings and Commanders in order to secure a playoff spot, the Bears wouldn´t matter.

As I said earlier, Chicago will only factor in if Philly finishes 10-5-1 and multiple teams (including the Bears) finish at 10-6. If this happens, Dallas will NOT make the playoffs.

Assume that Philly is 10-5-1. Now

Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta, and Chicago are 10-6 = Tampa gets the wildcard.
Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta are 10-6 = Dallas gets the wildcard.

Hopefully Philly will lose against Washington which would essentially make the Bears irrelevant. But until that happens, you can't sleep on Chicago.

Coy

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2496729 said:
I was kinda hoping for this scenario to play out.

Cowboys beat Bal.
Atlanta beats Min
Philly beats Was

Then in week 17 Atlanta beats St Louis in Atlanta at 1:00pm eliminating the Eagles just minutes before they take the field against us.

The life, the heart and the will to fight will be sucked out of the crowd and the eagles team. I can assure you we would roll them by 20!

Good point but this would have to happen, first of all currently both games are scheduled for 1:00 PM, but let`s say the Cowboy game is moved to 4:00 PM, the only way the eagles could be eliminated is if both the Falcons and the Bucs win their last two games.

Coy

Reaction score
BigDave95;2496745 said:
As I said earlier, Chicago will only factor in if Philly finishes 10-5-1 and multiple teams (including the Bears) finish at 10-6. If this happens, Dallas will NOT make the playoffs.

Assume that Philly is 10-5-1. Now

Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta, and Chicago are 10-6 = Tampa gets the wildcard.
Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta are 10-6 = Dallas gets the wildcard.

Hopefully Philly will lose against Washington which would essentially make the Bears irrelevant. But until that happens, you can't sleep on Chicago.

But that´s beside the point, my point was that if we win on Saturday and both the eagles and falcons lose it doesn’t matter what the Bears do, now if the eagles do beat the Commanders then Chicago does matter and your scenario comes into play.

Coy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2496730 said:
That's not quite correct. Chicago still could get in ahead of us -- mathematically, at least. In order to clinch next week, we also would either need Chicago to lose or ONE of the following --

-- New Orleans over Detroit
-- San Francisco over St. Louis
-- Giants over Carolina
-- Tampa Bay over San Diego
-- Oakland over Houston
-- Seattle over the Jets

A Chicago loss to Green Bay or any ONE of the above would clinch any tiebreaker we might have with Chicago.

And by the way, we already have clinched the tiebreaker with Atlanta.

:laugh1: :laugh1: OK you got me there, but I would think one of those 6 scenarios will happen next week specially NO over the Lions.

Good research