We have to stay 4-3

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Looking over the current roster there is zero chance this group could transition to a 3-4. The only two I see that would benefit are Crawford (he’s always been misplaced in a 4-3) if he comes back and Jaylon. I think rush OLB is his best chance at success. Dude can’t move laterally well enough to be in a 4-3. Everyone else is miscast.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Looking over the current roster there is zero chance this group could transition to a 3-4. The only two I see that would benefit are Crawford (he’s always been misplaced in a 4-3) if he comes back and Jaylon. I think rush OLB is his best chance at success. Dude can’t move laterally well enough to be in a 4-3. Everyone else is miscast.

I'd like zimmers version of the 4-3. I enjoyed him when he was here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with you. And I can't see it happening. All signs point to the organization feeling that this team can win now. Any scheme change sets you back at least a year or two while you reshape your roster. And this team has enough defensive needs already without a scheme change adding to it.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
With the amount of roster turnover on defense, I could see a conversion. It would take a lot of learning on the fly for some of the players under contract (since most of them have only played 4-3), but never say never.

Seeing how poorly the Panthers did it this season gives me little faith though.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree with you. And I can't see it happening. All signs point to the organization feeling that this team can win now. Any scheme change sets you back at least a year or two while you reshape your roster. And this team has enough defensive needs already without a scheme change adding to it.
Maybe longer than a year. We would have to dedicate a draft and use a lot of FA resources and money to get quality players.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Doesn't matter much anymore since defenses are in nickel 65% of the time anyways. Most teams use multiple fronts anyways.