We lack Discipline...hope COACHING address that this week..

landryscorner

Reaction score
Like everyone on here I know we expected a lot out of our boys this year..I'm not going to say that we will win the big one, tho I hope so. All I got to say is the Cowboys need to fix this "discipline" problem. We lack discipline at crucial times...1st and 2o's are killing us, never have I seen so many in one season....Penalties that erase good runs by our RB's just make me want to puke.

I know a lot of us have jumped on Wade early on when we were losing bad, but we did not have Romo for some games and those hurt...guess we found Wade's strengths which is on Defense, they were always there but I guess he wanted to give his boy Stewart a try, no luck there.

Congrats to our Pro bowlers, well deserved especially Rattliff, what a steal.

Here's to an injury free week, and leading up into the playoffs, hope to be at a playoff game this year.

Let's do this! :starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
We do committ too many penalties, but a few things about that:

1) Alot of the penalties are EXTREMELY questionable, and there is a huge disaparity between the number of holds we get called for as opposed to our opponents.

2) You and others bang on Wade for not coaching discipline, would you bang on Jeff Fisher and say they are poorly coached? Tennessee is 3rd in the league in penalties, just 4 behind us. I'd suspect we've been called for WAY more questionable/bogus penalties than them too.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
One would think the coaches would address this every week with this team. If they have it obviously hasn't clicked and probably won't, they'll just have to overcome them.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yes and no on discipline.

its true that even bill parcells preached discipline and the cowboys had problems even with parcells as head coach, but parcells did cut the penalities down. best i remember.

Now, when your starting center snaps the ball in home field, then yes there is a problem. Nate Newton said it had to do with confidence, but I think it has to do more with your head in the game. Gurode is noted for not having his head in the game sometimes. That to a degree goes back to practice and correcting those problems.

When your starting QB and a safety doesnt know that you have used all of the time outs, then their is a problem. That comes from lots of practice correcting those problems, and the players wanting to correct them.

When you have 12 men on the field, or you get a penalty because Tony Curtis isnt on the field when he is suppose to be, there is a discipline problem.

You correct that by coaching!

gmsquid

Reaction score
Nah, the Cowboys have always had ridiculous penalties, even in the BP era. I'd have to say the last 7 or 8 years from what I've seen, Dallas gets called for more penalties, and Cowboys opponents get away with a lot more.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I wonder if that's because of the perception that Dallas gets all the calls? It still boggles my mind how people can think that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These same penalties we have now are the same ones we had when Parcells was here. Especially Flozell. I don't even remember Flozell getting that false start penalty until Parcells got a hold of him.

But I agree with dbair in the sense that some of the penalties are bogus. I don't even care about any of the penalties other than the false starts or offsides because those are easy to determine. But these PI calls and holding calls some of them are bogus.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The penalties are getting a little better but still too much. And although it sounds paranoid I think at times we do get more bad calls than others. The Pitt game seemed to be one. But it's not the coaches. It's the players.

I'm more concerned with the OL play although part of that is the penalties.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
dbair1967;2500907 said:
We do committ too many penalties, but a few things about that:

1) Alot of the penalties are EXTREMELY questionable, and there is a huge disaparity between the number of holds we get called for as opposed to our opponents.

2) You and others bang on Wade for not coaching discipline, would you bang on Jeff Fisher and say they are poorly coached? Tennessee is 3rd in the league in penalties, just 4 behind us. I'd suspect we've been called for WAY more questionable/bogus penalties than them too.

Come on, lets not try to blame our troubles on the refs.

I think we do lack discipline at times, but nothing to be worrysome. Penalties may hurt you, but turnovers will KILL you. And I dont think turnovers has anything to do with discipline.

If we want to do anything worth while this year, we have to protect the football -- even if it means turning it down a notch on offense.