We may need seven new starters

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't see a strong argument for any player below returning. Tyron and Gillmore maybe but I not sure we can or will make an offer competitiveness to keep them. Keep in mind we can only expect the draft to replace two, maybe three.

• Tyron
  • Pollard
  • Gillmore
  • Gallup
  • Biadasz
  • Armstrong
  • MLBer

Rayman70

Reaction score
We need to be better at all 11 positions on both sides of the ball. Whatever it takes, DO IT.

conner01

Reaction score
More needs than picks that are likely to fill those needs. Gallup is the easiest since his production is easily replaced by guys we already have and we can add a guy in the draft. Tyron will be back. Biadasz is one we need to address in first 2 rounds because he’s gonna have to start. Diggs will be back so we need a 3rd cb. LB we need a couple of and I hope one FA plus a pick. RB may be the easiest fix with all the guys hitting the market. Armstrong was a nice player but hopefully we have a guy on the roster and can add a guy either in the draft or FA. A FA is realky expensive option

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Half of those guys are not starters and never should be.
Gallimore, Gallup, and Armstrong are rotational players.

Gallimore gives us nothing but a warm body. Hankins, Gholston, and Mazi were more productive.
Gallup pretty much lost his spot last year and cannot be even #3 at that salary.
Armstrong’s reps should go to Sam Williams, whom I think is the better run defender.

Pollard was never in the plan past last year.

The Cowboys will bring in a DT, LB, RB, and maybe a CB in FA. My guess is there’s no chance they’ll pay much for anyone other than a LB or DT, but won’t pay top dollar for those either. Most other signings will be rotational contributors.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Half of those guys are not starters and never should be.
Gallimore, Gallup, and Armstrong are rotational players.

Gallimore gives us nothing but a warm bod
y. Hankins, Gholston, and Mazi were more productive.
Gallup pretty much lost his spot last year and cannot be even #3 at that salary.
Armstrong’s reps should go to Sam Williams, whom I think is the better run defender.

Pollard was never in the plan past last year.

The Cowboys will bring in a DT, LB, RB, and maybe a CB in FA. My guess is there’s no chance they’ll pay much for anyone other than a LB or DT, but won’t pay top dollar for those either. Most other signings will be rotational contributors.
you're right

starfan1

Reaction score
Tyron and Gilmore are the only 2 that Id be interested in keeping and i could gettalked out of both of them. I dont beligve either will command a ton of $$.