we must fix this OL

CowboyChris

Reaction score
im just gonna say what many of us already know. if we dont do something about this mess of an OL, we might not even make it to the playoffs, im serious.

one of our current OT's needs to be replaced, i would say Pettiti is the one that needs to be sat. we must either get Columbo ready to take over or find someone that has some experience whether its from a practice squad or on waivers that can band aid this line for the rest of the season.

If that means putting Columbo or a new player at LOT and switching Tucker to the right side, so be it, its obvious that what we have in there right now isnt going to get it done.

Our running game is non-existent. and whats even worse is our pass protection is becoming putrid, which exposes Bledsoe, and thats another achilles heel.

last but not least, BP is always saying he tries to think of contigency plans, if someone were to go down, but i have yet to see anything happen, Barrow for Dat isnt exactly what i had in mind either.

Eddie

Reaction score
You know, this is a genius post.

There are so many Pro Bowler OT's sitting on people's Practice Squads there for our pickings. Man, why didn't BP think of that!!!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I don't think we have many options at this point in the season.

But I hope we address it big time in the off-season.

FA & the draft.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
We are what we are right now. We've made our bed now we have to lie in it.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Defense was the focus this past offseason and it shows. Our defense has played well enough to win most every game.

Now it's time to do the same this offseason for the offense. Especially the O-line which needs an overhaul.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We will almost certainly be adding a T, G and C this offseason..... that coupled with a real FB (Fred Beasley) puts this team over the top.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We can't run the FootBall and we can't protect the QB

Major issue

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I better see three new faces on the line next September, minimum. Don't give me any crap like moving Tucker to guard or Al Johnson hitting the weights.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
last but not least, BP is always saying he tries to think of contigency plans, if someone were to go down, but i have yet to see anything happen, Barrow for Dat isnt exactly what i had in mind either.

There were contingency plans. They are playing now. Tucker and Petitti were never expected to hit the field this year.

What do you expect when you lose what you thought would be your bookend tackles?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Nors said:
We can't run the FootBall and we can't protect the QB

Major issue

exactly what im talking about, something needs to be done, whether its bringing in someone, shifting Larry Allen to Tackle, putting in Peterman at guard, heck maybe even put in Romo for some extra mobilty, the current lineup is not gonna get us there. just wait till play carolina their DE's are gonna wreak havoc against us.

their isnt a team in the NFC that scares me, if we can patch up at least one of the weaknesses at OT and give extra help to the other OT, we can compete.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Teague31 said:
We will almost certainly be adding a T, G and C this offseason..... that coupled with a real FB (Fred Beasley) puts this team over the top.

I hope you are right, however, Julius seems to run better out of lone back formations. Now that could be because our current FB stinks, but I would like to see more lone back, or spilt back formations, instead of the I formation, that we keep trying to pound without much success. So I would not spend a huge chunk of change on a FB.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:
I hope you are right, however, Julius seems to run better out of lone back formations. Now that could be because our current FB stinks, but I would like to see more lone back, or spilt back formations, instead of the I formation, that we keep trying to pound without much success. So I would not spend a huge chunk of change on a FB.

if julius cant run behind a bruising FB (Martin) maybe Barber needs to start