LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Winning will do a few things...

1. exercise those demons of the latest eagles dominance over us
  2. keep them from .500
  3. increase our lead in the division and
  4. atleast keep Giants and Skins same distance as now
#2 is the biggest thing... they will fight like heck and they will be ready... after all its us... the Dallas Cowboys.... we must be prepared and ready.... not too many mistakes...

They need this game more than we do..... we need to break their hearts

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
2 times out of the last 4 times we played the eagles, the media were telling them there season was over and we should whip them.

In november of 05 we needed one of the biggest brain dead passes by mcnabb ever to win. Still with that we needed two defensive stops.

last december, the media and most of this board assumed we would win because we had the better record. They beat the living hell out of us up front on xmas last year.

Point spreads, the media and records mean nothing.

This game is going to be all about can we stay disciplined in defending brian westbrook, particularly on those tremendous screens they run and second our defense stopping Donovan Mcnabb.

If we can beat Mcnabb that will tell us alot about how this team will fare against favre and kitna down the road.

A win this week could really put philly in a bind. I hope we can kick their butt.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1738562 said:

2. keep them from .500
#2 is the biggest thing... they will fight like heck and they will be ready... after all its us... the Dallas Cowboys.... we must be prepared and ready.... not too many mistakes...

If Dallas can win this game Philly will be in a world of hurt not only will they fall to 3-5 but they will be 0-3 in the division 2-5 in the NFC.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;1738576 said:
2 times out of the last 4 times we played the eagles, the media were telling them there season was over and we should whip them.

In november of 05 we needed one of the biggest brain dead passes by mcnabb ever to win. Still with that we needed two defensive stops.

last december, the media and most of this board assumed we would win because we had the better record. They beat the living hell out of us up front on xmas last year.

This game is going to be all about can we stay disciplined in defending brian westbrook, particularly on those tremendous screens they run and second our defense stopping Donovan Mcnabb.

If we can beat Mcnabb that will tell us alot about how this team will fare against favre and kitna down the road.

A win this week could really put philly in a bind. I hope we can kick their butt.

The thing is.... they are a bad team and we SHOULD beat them.... with that said.... I refer BACK to your post above....

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1738576 said:

You're half right. This is a road division game against an opponent and a fan base that hates us like no other.
Check the history of this rivalry all the way back to the 1960's. The eagles almost always play up to us.
What I mean by playing up is that the almost always over perform. Makes no difference if we're good and they're bad, they're good and we're bad, both good, both bad.
Dallas week is special to them. It brings out the best in them. Even if we suck, they make it a point to win by 20 plus.

Where you wrong is that this team bares no resemblance to that Garcia lead Dec 06 team that was on a 3 game win streak and playing good solid football.

This is at best a mediocre football team. However, they have played solid defense and McNabb is slowly improving.

In the final analysis we are better. The matchups favor us.
They have no significant WR or TE threat. We need only account for Westbrook's presence with extra attention.
What I like best, and its been forever and a day since I could say this, is our pass rush against their OL and McNabb. He poses no significant running threat. We can and will really turn it lose against him. I see at least 4 sacks and multiple pressures.
They've had trouble all year scoring points, rarely sticking it in the endzone.
I just cant envision this O getting off on us.

I see 16 points at best, and thats giving thier D the benfit of the doubt that it can get a couple of TO's on off us.

I think this is will be a big contract confirmation game for Romo.
He hangs 3 TD's and 300 plus yards.

We win going away 30-16.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I would like to see our D light up Mcnabb, like the giants D did when they played the egirls this year. Why can't we get a easy win against a NFC east opponent once in awhile?:bang2:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
If we can go into Philly and beat the Eagles make them 3-5 their fate is almost sealed. They have some hard/moderate teams awaiting them Giants, New Orleans, Seattle, New England and if they tank their season I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that McChunky gets benched to give their 2nd rounder some game time experience. If he losses games they get a higher draft pick and can improve for next year, if he wins they have some potential there.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I really like us on the road, we seem to be more focused. Romo is 7-1 on the road since taking over. I think we beat them soundly in Philly. 38-17 Boyz

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
good points this needs to be the official changing of the guard week.

1-7 vs philly (including 0-2 last year under tuna) is unacceptable.

YoMick;1738562 said:

2. keep them from .500

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to expect from the Eagles.

It's been such a roller-coaster season so far. I mean obviously at 3-4 (0-2 in the NFC East) their season depends on the outcome of this game.

Hopefully, Westbrook can have a great game. But who knows?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
sonnyboy;1738697 said:
You're half right. This is a road division game against an opponent and a fan base that hates us like no other.
Check the history of this rivalry all the way back to the 1960's. The eagles almost always play up to us.
What I mean by playing up is that the almost always over perform. Makes no difference if we're good and they're bad, they're good and we're bad, both good, both bad.
Dallas week is special to them. It brings out the best in them. Even if we suck, they make it a point to win by 20 plus.

Where you wrong is that this team bares no resemblance to that Garcia lead Dec 06 team that was on a 3 game win streak and playing good solid football.

This is at best a mediocre football team. However, they have played solid defense and McNabb is slowly improving.

In the final analysis we are better. The matchups favor us.
They have no significant WR or TE threat. We need only account for Westbrook's presence with extra attention.
What I like best, and its been forever and a day since I could say this, is our pass rush against their OL and McNabb. He poses no significant running threat. We can and will really turn it lose against him. I see at least 4 sacks and multiple pressures.
They've had trouble all year scoring points, rarely sticking it in the endzone.
I just cant envision this O getting off on us.

I see 16 points at best, and thats giving thier D the benfit of the doubt that it can get a couple of TO's on off us.

I think this is will be a big contract confirmation game for Romo.
He hangs 3 TD's and 300 plus yards.

We win going away 30-16.

On paper the matchups may favor us.

Here is what concerns me.

Kevin curtis in the slot on ware/ellis/nate Jones.

LJ smith on Roy williams.

Brian westbrook on screen passes.

Their offensive line giving mcnabb enough time.

oh and the numbers from last years xmas day game, 486 yards of total offense, 37 minutes T.O.P and the forced turnovers.

In a video game, we should push them around, but right now this team always finds ways to make mistakes. Last year in philly we make westbrook fumble in the redzone and then we go three and out and the snap is over mcbriars head and they get a 1 play walk in td.

Its going to be a battle and much like many of the games I will take a win any way we can get it.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Either way, that xmas loss at TX Stadium still stings in my mouth-this game won't be easy, but either way, it's REVENGE time.

Ultimately-I'M SO ******* SICK OF LOSING TO THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!