We need a WR and 2 DB's

40Bates40

Benched
Reaction score
We need to Sign a WR, sign a DB and draft a DB with our first pick and with our second pick, I'd go RB.
But we have age at the WR spot, Glen has to go and Hurd, Crayton and Austin are a weak depth 3.

Also, somewhere along the way, we need to take a young QB, I'm not crazy about Brad Johnson coming back.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
40Bates40;1905627 said:
We need to Sign a WR, sign a DB and draft a DB with our first pick and with our second pick, I'd go RB.
But we have age at the WR spot, Glen has to go and Hurd, Crayton and Austin are a weak depth 3.

Also, somewhere along the way, we need to take a young QB, I'm not crazy about Brad Johnson coming back.

See my comments from last year's draft.

arync

Reaction score
we need 2 running backs cause jones and thompson have to go

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Seaking of RB's, McFadden, Felix Jones, and the kid from Illinois are coming out in the draft. Also Mario Manningham of Michigan is coming out early too.

montgod

Reaction score
My take:

Flozell Adams: Resign at an affordable rate, if not, let him go and receive compensory picks next year. Free would hopefully be able to take his place. Everyone else can lose OL and pick up the slack, but it seems like the Boys keep trying to work with the old guys because they are afraid to put the young ones out there. You have to eventually hire within to be successful in this league and the Boys need to get back to this in drafting and teaching the OL to be successful instead of being held hostage.

Julius Jones: Let him go

Terry Glenn: Let him go

Jacques Reeves: Let him go

Nate Jones: Let him go

Ferguson: If he doesn't fit scheme, let him go.

Thompson: Low level tender for TC to see if he can cut it.

B. Johnson: Let him go, get a cheaper, younger backup who is more capable. Minor... but I would make that move.

Keith Davis: We do have a glut of Safties, but he is an excellent ST player. Wouldn't mind resigning if BP doesn't steal him away.

Resign Ware, Newman, and Hamlin to new deals.

Wait it out on Barber unless an affordable contract comes up.

Roy Williams: Wow... don't know what to do with that guy with his contract. No one will want to trade for him. So, my hope is that Wade or whoever, has a fair competition in training camp, and if RW still doesn't cut it, then he goes to the bench and ST like KD did. In the end, if he becomes bitter, then he can ammend his contract like Archuletta did and go where he wants to. Kelly Roland did him a number fo sho it looks like.

Carpenter: Check him out again in TC, if he doesn't cut it again, maybe look at a trade for Jason Taylor since he is BP's draft pick. I know JT is up there in age, but it could be like a Charles Taylor pickup for a couple seasons to get us over the top. He is still better then everyone on our DL except Ware.

Draft a CB, OL, WR, RB, DT (no particular order but I would think CB would be first on the list - BPA).

Sign or trade for a vet WR that isn't up there in age. Similar to the Chambers trade to San Diego. So that would be a no to Chad Johnson. Fitz is still under contract and they won't be letting him go. Roy Williams might work, but wouldn't be a great compliment to TO. Someone to look at nonetheless since TO isn't young anymore.

I don't like the signing of Michael Turner because I think there is a high level of talent in the draft at RB. No need to pay Turner money if we don't need to. If he is affordable, then fine, otherwise draft a replacement.

Fire Special teams coach. Horrible.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
montgod;1905867 said:
It's pretty simple:

Flozell Adams: Resign at an affordable rate, if not, let him go and receive compensory picks next year. Free would hopefully be able to take his place. Everyone else can lose OL and pick up the slack, but it seems like the Boys keep trying to work with the old guys because they are afraid to put the young ones out there. You have to eventually hire within to be successful in this league and the Boys need to get back to this in drafting and teaching the OL to be successful instead of being held hostage.

B. Johnson: Let him go, get a cheaper, younger backup who is more capable. Minor... but I would make that move.

Keith Davis: We do have a glut of Safties, but he is an excellent ST player. Wouldn't mind resigning if BP doesn't steal him away.

Roy Williams: Wow... don't know what to do with that guy with his contract. No one will want to trade for him. So, my hope is that Wade or whoever, has a fair competition in training camp, and if RW still doesn't cut it, then he goes to the bench and ST like KD did. In the end, if he becomes bitter, then he can ammend his contract like Archuletta did and go where he wants to. Kelly Roland did him a number fo sho it looks like.

Carpenter: Check him out again in TC, if he doesn't cut it again, maybe look at a trade for Jason Taylor since he is BP's draft pick. I know JT is up there in age, but it could be like a Charles Taylor pickup for a couple seasons to get us over the top. He is still better then everyone on our DL except Ware.

Draft a CB, OL, WR, RB, DT (no particular order but I would think CB would be first on the list - BPA).

Sign or trade for a vet WR that isn't up there in age. Similar to the Chambers trade to San Diego. So that would be a no to Chad Johnson. Fitz is still under contract and they won't be letting him go. Roy Williams might work, but wouldn't be a great compliment to TO. Someone to look at nonetheless since TO isn't young anymore.

I don't like the signing of Michael Turner because I think there is a high level of talent in the draft at RB. No need to pay Turner money if we don't need to. If he is affordable, then fine, otherwise draft a replacement.

Dallas will need to spend some ca$h if they want to keep Reeves.

montgod

Reaction score
lcharles;1905887 said:
:spanking:

My sentiments exactly... reminds me of Alexander Wright/Randall Williams... supposedly, so much speed, but lacks skill.

No thanks.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
montgod;1905889 said:
My sentiments exactly... reminds me of Alexander Wright/Randall Williams... supposedly, so much speed, but lacks skill.

No thanks.

You should be putting the blame on our other corner.

Reeves didn't give up any TDs in the game.

JPM

Reaction score
lcharles;1905887 said:
:spanking:
Well he will get top dollar in the free agent market. He's a legit #1 CB.....

Frozen700

Reaction score
eduncan22;1905916 said:

LMAO!

Bro, ****!

seriously this act of trolling and pretending, to be a huge Reeves Fan, to get on everyone's nerves is Sickening ...just be you, and drop the act, nobody will remember there is still hope for you, to make it out with some friends over the Net, since thats all you can get.

Do you get any kind of satisfaction out of this? Like an Erection?

montgod

Reaction score
eduncan22;1905916 said:

I blame him (Henry) too...

Your comment is funny though. Yes, he didn't allow the TD, but he allowed the Giants to get all the way to the goalline. Hmmm... wouldn't you say that is just as bad as giving away a TD?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
montgod;1905867 said:
My take:

Agree on all points, except Thompson, he hasn't shown anything.

fortdick

Reaction score
eduncan22;1905916 said:

That is why Coughlin and Manning said they would be going after Reeves. Because they knew it was Henry or Newman that was the weak link and they were trying to throw Wade off the track.

JPM

Reaction score
fortdick;1906083 said:
That is why Coughlin and Manning said they would be going after Reeves. Because they knew it was Henry or Newman that was the weak link and they were trying to throw Wade off the track.
4933.jpg

Would you believe....

theanimal23

Reaction score
We need to cut Roy, and get a S and CB with our two 1st rounders. In the 2nd and 3rd round, look to add a WR and RB to complement Barber.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
eduncan22;1905916 said:

I am so enjoying seeing that word under your username .....

JPM

Reaction score
theanimal23;1906252 said:
We need to cut Roy,
Not with a 6.6 million cap hit you don't.
zrinkill;1907094 said:
I am so enjoying seeing that word under your username .....
Really. I always enjoyed his bashing after a stupid post.