We should be concerned - Aaron Rodgers

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I read alot of posts about Rodgers, especially last year dismissing him. Declaring him a bust. He had even started.

In Reality, Rodgers is the Packers "Tony Romo" if you will. Rode the bench, learned the game - now he is starter and he is making the most of his opportunity.

Call it what you want but he played very well against us last year. I expect his A-game again.

sidenote: I really think that McCarthy feels that if Rodgers was starting that NFC title game last year then the Packers win that game and go to SB. He already has proven to make good decisions as a starting QB.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2272233 said:
I read alot of posts about Rodgers, especially last year dismissing him. Declaring him a bust. He had even started.

In Reality, Rodgers is the Packers "Tony Romo" if you will. Rode the bench, learned the game - now he is starter and he is making the most of his opportunity.

Call it what you want but he played very well against us last year. I expect his A-game again.

sidenote: I really think that McCarthy feels that if Rodgers was starting that NFC title game last year then the Packers win that game and go to SB. He already has proven to make good decisions as a starting QB.

Yep-he runs the WCO much better than Favre. He knows the system well, he takes what's given to him, he reads the D's well, and he doesn't make mistakes. That game at TX Stadium last year wasn't a fluke, which is why this game scares me.

BTW-if Desmond Howard doesn't run back KR back in SBXXXI, the Pats would have won it(as they had the momentum and had the Packers D gassed). Pt being that if this had been the case, Favre wouldn't have had this "free pass" status throughout his career.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
If the Cowboys ever expect to take the next step and become a truly elite team, they have to win this type of game on the road.

They have to hit Rodgers in the mouth early and not let him get back up. For once, I'd love to see our pass rusher consistently give a QB problems, and force bad throws and turnovers.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
He has played two cupcake teams. Minnesota has no QB and is not capable of winning games at this point in the season.

And last week, they were losing to a very bad team at one point after having a sizable lead.

Lets see how they play against a big dog before we.. as Big tuna says "get out the annointing oil"

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2272233 said:

I've always thought highly of Rogers and didn't for a second think that their team would fall apart with out brett farve so far it doesn't seem like thats happening.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Muhast;2272280 said:
He has played two cupcake teams. Minnesota has no QB and is not capable of winning games at this point in the season.

And last week, they were losing to a very bad team at one point after having a sizable lead.

Lets see how they play against a big dog before we.. as Big tuna says "get out the annointing oil"

Your post actually compliments him more than anything. He didnt give up the lead. HE led that comeback.

No one is annointing anyone but thinking he should be at the very least taken seriously. :)

Boysboy

Reaction score
Muhast;2272280 said:

Minny's problems are not on D, nor their OL, RB, and WR...it's their QB, and their QB alone. While I agree that if the Vikes had a decent QB, they prolly win that game, however-Rodgers did play well against that very good D.

As for the Lions-I agree, they'll have the overall #1 pick in next year's draft.

Reaction score
I agree, this kid is forreal. I look for Dallas and Greenbay to have a slug fest up there in cheesehead land come Sunday night. I did say Dallas would win 38-17 but I'm starting to think it will be closer than that.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
To a man, teams will say when they prepair for a certain guy, a certain style and if that player is no longer in the game it kinda throws a wrinkle in the game plan....wel will see...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
NFLN has a show called NFC Match-ups. Each week they showcase all the NFC teams facing NFC teams.

They picked the Pack. because they are believing the hype.

However, Rod Woodson made a comment that is intriguing.

They showed film of Rogers throwing into triple coverage, double coverage, and times when the receiver was absolutely covered.

He is young and has played poor defenses. They also have the starting RB coming off a leg injury.

They can be explosive. But what makes anyone think Dallas is not just as explosive?

Plus, we have a running game and they do not.

I try to be realistic about the team each year. In yeaqrs when the team is not slated to be very good, I can set expectations and not get my emotions stomped on when we lose.

Years like this I am excited. Because of the potential outcome.

How can anyone go through a season with so much promise and wring their hands and worry each week after two 300+ yard performances by Romo and company?

Take heart. This is a magical season for us. Enjoy this. It doesn't come often.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2272358 said:
NFLN has a show called NFC Match-ups. Each week they showcase all the NFC teams facing NFC teams.

They picked the Pack. because they are believing the hype.

However, Rod Woodson made a comment that is intriguing.

They showed film of Rogers throwing into triple coverage, double coverage, and times when the receiver was absolutely covered.

He is young and has played poor defenses. They also have the starting RB coming off a leg injury.

They can be explosive. But what makes anyone think Dallas is not just as explosive?

Plus, we have a running game and they do not.

I try to be realistic about the team each year. In yeaqrs when the team is not slated to be very good, I can set expectations and not get my emotions stomped on when we lose.

Years like this I am excited. Because of the potential outcome.

How can anyone go through a season with so much promise and wring their hands and worry each week after two 300+ yard performances by Romo and company?

Take heart. This is a magical season for us. Enjoy this. It doesn't come often.

To be honest, everybody was saying the same thing last year and that we were going to do something special. Well, I guess we kind of did, we became one of the few teams to have the #1 seed and then lose our first game in the playoffs.

This franchise in general has folded way too many times down the stretch in the last few years for me to be talking about a magical season in September.

I am going to sit back, enjoy each game and hope for the best.

Just like the Eagles on Monday, whether people want to admit it or not, we will get to see two very good teams play each other.

Skin

Reaction score
YoMick;2272233 said:

Actually, he's not even close to Tony Romo. He has now started two games. While he has performed well in his extremely limited action, there have been others who've started like a house afire and been unable to maintain that level for an entire season, let alone a career. When he does it against us in the next game and for the rest of the year, I will call him "for real."

Ender

Reaction score
YoMick;2272233 said:

What are you talking about. after two games Aron Rodger is all of a sudden better than Farve. wow..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Skin;2272408 said:
Actually, he's not even close to Tony Romo. He has now started two games. While he has performed well in his extremely limited action, there have been others who've started like a house afire and been unable to maintain that level for an entire season, let alone a career. When he does it against us in the next game and for the rest of the year, I will call him "for real."

Where it matters the most. HE IS EXACTLY like Tony Romo. First 2 starts = 2-0.

zeromaster

Reaction score
YoMick;2273025 said:
Where it matters the most. HE IS EXACTLY like Tony Romo. First 2 starts = 2-0.
Against two opponents that are not all that and they see twice a year. Let's just let the game unfold, ok?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
zeromaster;2273084 said:
Against two opponents that are not all that and they see twice a year. Let's just let the game unfold, ok?

The game wont unfold if we discuss on a bulletin board?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Neither Rogers or the Packers worry me.

However, there a certain things that we need to be focus on and gameplan for. For example, Rogers is extremely mobile and he may attack our pass defense if he is able to escape the pass rush and find open receivers like McNabb did last week. He is nowhere near as strong as McNabb though, so if our defenders can get their hands on him, we shouldn't see any of those broken tackles-throw for 15 yards that McNabb was doing.

Mobile quarterbacks have always given us trouble, which is why I would like to see him shadowed by Thomas.

Because of his mobility, we will probably see a lot more of the dreaded zone that we saw last week. If our pass rush can generate pressure, we should be fine.