We should sign the Eagles' new center next year.

Zman5

Reaction score
If the new center for the Eagles' is available next year, we should sign him.
I was rewatching the game and that guy was just killing our NG. Both Glover and Ferguson was getting blown off the LOS.

I saw several plays where he alone pushed Glover and Ferguson back 5 yards. He was a major reason why they were so sucessful at running against us last night.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I agree. What amazed me was how he was able to get the ball snapped in already blocking the NG before the NG would react. That was both Glover and Ferguson. First time starter and he kicked both their a**es.

If that guy keeps it up he'll be in the probowl some day.

Zman5

Reaction score
Yea and I think they said he was just signed off their practice squad which meant we could have sign him.

Too bad we didn't.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I think it was a combination of things:

1. It was his first game and he was excited to be out there and determined to do well. He was coming off the line each play with a lot of explosiveness.

2. Our whole team seemed flat and sluggish, Glover & Ferguson were no exception.

Football is an emotional game and players need to be able to tap into their adrenaline in order to get that explosiveness. When you are down, tired, unmotivated, etc. it is very difficult to tap into it and get "up" for each play.

We have seen a lot of players when they get their first opportunity to play come out and have a great game like this kid did but then after that initial emotional burst peters out they come back down to earth. Gurode played like that in his first start at Center for us, he was dominating guys and blowing them off the line.

Sometimes a guy can take that start and run with it but usually they don't and can't really repeat their performance. Clint Longley is an example of that, gets his chance, has a great game, then goes back to being a scrub. We had a RB a few years ago who stepped in when both Emmitt and Warren were out and had a great game on ThanksGiving Day against the Packers, a couple years later he was out of the league because he never repeated that performance.

All of this to say, don't get too excited about this guy just yet, let's wait and see how he does over the next several games before annointing him as the next Dermotti Dawson.