We should trade Henson off...

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I think that we should trade Drew Henson off, why?, cause he could pose some type of value to the Dallas Cowboys organization, we gave up a third round draft choice for Henson, I believe we should get something in return, and not just give him up.

I feel if someone wants him, they'll trade for him, and if they don't trade we keep em, it's as simple as that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I think that we should trade Drew Henson off, why?, cause he could pose some type of value to the Dallas Cowboys organization, we gave up a third round draft choice for Henson, I believe we should get something in return, and not just give him up.

I feel if someone wants him, they'll trade for him, and if they don't trade we keep em, it's as simple as that.

Too late!!!

goshan

Reaction score
He is getting released -- it doesn't matter how you feel. Nobody is willing to give up anything for him.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
If someone wants him, they will sit around and wait for us to cut him.

ravidubey

Reaction score
We'd trade him if we could but we can't so we won't. It's best sometimes to cut your losses-- any more time spent on this by our front office is as real a loss as cash spent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
What you mean it's too late?

No team is going to give anything at this point they know Dallas is going to release him. The team cleared his locker out there is no way he is going to come back. BP made himself very clear yesterday Henson is not going to be on the roster. Time to move on.

wileedog

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
We'd trade him if we could but we can't so we won't.

I'm sure we tried, but I doubt many teams want to take on his contract at this point.

conner01

Reaction score
he has no trade value. he cost to much. someone will give him a shot once he clears waivers but there was no trade option with his contract.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Could he be traded to a team if he agrees to re-negiotiate his contract? Didn't Key do that in the trade with the Bucs?

wileedog

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Could he be traded to a team if he agrees to re-negiotiate his contract? Didn't Key do that in the trade with the Bucs?

That might be some of the "moving parts" Bill alluded to.

MS17

Reaction score
Watching BP's body language and tone of his voice yesterday when he said,"Henson wont be on the roster this season... and that's all you need to know right now.", well, I think Parcells sent a message that the Cowboys cut bait with Henson and it's over, done with. No trade...If he hooks up now with another NFL club as a backup or 3rd string QB, more power to him. The experiment in Dallas is over.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I think BP should've been a bit cooler about it. I wouldn't have said straight up, "He's not going to be on our roster." I would try to trade him before saying anything like that.

Anyway, it's too late for that.

conner01

Reaction score
i suspect they already had checked around for trade partners, and had no takers. who would want him for the price he has coming. he could agree to go to a team and re-do his deal but if i'm him i would rather not, and just become a f.a.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
conner01 said:
i suspect they already had checked around for trade partners, and had no takers. who would want him for the price he has coming. he could agree to go to a team and re-do his deal but if i'm him i would rather not, and just become a f.a.

That might be it, but I wouldn't be so blunt about it. I would wait until I've actually released him to announce that. Just me though. It just seems..weird. Henson probably asked to get out. I don't think he would've ever been able to surpass Romo at this point.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
goshan said:
He is getting released -- it doesn't matter how you feel. Nobody is willing to give up anything for him.

exactly...no GM would ever trade for someone who everyone knows will be cut anyways.