College: North Carolina State
NFL Experience: 4

Total::
Interceptions:: 5
Pass Defense:: 6
Tackles:: 76
Forced Fumbles::2
Fumble Recovery::4

Or move Anthony Henry to FS and sign>for a third round...

Ricky Manning Jr.
396028.jpg

Position: DB
Height: 5-8
Weight: 185
Born: 11/18/1980
College: UCLA

Interception:: 9
Touchdowns:: 2
Pass Defensed:: 13
Tackles:: 137
Forced Fumbles:: 3
Recovered Fumbles:: 4

jrumann59

Reaction score
Manning JR is too short to be an effective DB for a long time in this league. I see DB like AG as aberations and not the norm. Who is Holt playing for now.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Manning JR is too short to be an effective DB for a long time in this league. I see DB like AG as aberations and not the norm. Who is Holt playing for now.
I agree. I do not like small DB's in general and small CB's in particular. At 5'11" Newman is about as small as I want to see and he makes up for it with mad speed.

The Holt kid looks interesting nice size and all but those are pretty meager numbers for 4 years in the league. How many games has he started?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I think the Cowboys should trade their fifth round draft choice off for>

Terrance Holt
395985.jpg

Height: 6-2
Weight: 208
Born: 03/05/1980
College: North Carolina State

Interceptions:: 5
Pass Defense:: 6
Tackles:: 76
Forced Fumbles::2
Fumble Recovery::4

Or move Anthony Henry to FS and sign>for a third round...

Ricky Manning Jr.
396028.jpg

Height: 5-8
Weight: 185
Born: 11/18/1980
College: UCLA

Interception:: 9
Touchdowns:: 2
Pass Defensed:: 13
Tackles:: 137
Forced Fumbles:: 3
Recovered Fumbles:: 4

No thanks...I'd rather see what fruit the draft bears....then possibly pursue ty law or charles woodson to fill our safety hole.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
No thanks...I'd rather see what fruit the draft bears....then possibly pursue ty law or charles woodson to fill our safety hole.
I would not mind checking out the draft but I really don't want to spend the time or money for either of those two (Law/Woodson). Both are broken down and overrated...No Thanks.

Rumor

Reaction score
The smaller one has better stats than the other...hmmmm....

Eddie

Reaction score
DeepBleu said:
what makes you think the lions will give us terrance holt for a 5th?

haha. Same old Cowboy fans ... thinking they can steal players for nothing.

Heck, give them Dat Nguyen and a 5th for Pro Bowler A.

Why not give GB a 6th for Javon Walker? ha ha. It's laughable sometimes what these armchair GM's come up with.

Sorry ... but I agree 100%. Lions aren't giving up Terrance Holt for a lousy 5th.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No Way do I move Henry out of the CB spot. If Dallas has to make due with what we have currently at FS then so be it but finding a quality CB is a lot more difficult then finding a FS

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
DeepBleu said:
what makes you think the lions will give us terrance holt for a 5th?
Is he even on the trading block? If he is there is no way we could get him for a 5th. But if we had the chance, I would do it in a heartbeat.:laugh2:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

law to safety???

nors, that you???

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why do folks keep suggesting we move Henry.

Henry is an outstanding CB. Those guys don't grow on trees. Though we haven't seen it, FS is a relatively easy position to fill - keep in mind we tried to fill it with an undrafted guy and a player who got cut from a team with a bad defensive backfield last year.

Moving Henry would mean we are paying about 5 times as much as we need to for an effective player in that spot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Why do folks keep suggesting we move Henry.

Henry is an outstanding CB. Those guys don't grow on trees. Though we haven't seen it, FS is a relatively easy position to fill - keep in mind we tried to fill it with an undrafted guy and a player who got cut from a team with a bad defensive backfield last year.

Moving Henry would mean we are paying about 5 times as much as we need to for an effective player in that spot.

I'm trying to figure that out as well. We have a great 1-2 combo with Newman on one side and Henry on the other and I can't think of any reason to mess with that. Like most I would like to see Dallas upgrade the FS position but not by weakening the CB spot as you said good CB do not grow on trees and when you have 2 good ones leave them where they are.