We sold our souls to the devil for that 90's Dynasty

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while. Was the dynasty worth it in the end now knowing how bad Jerry is? Was that 4 years worth it for decades of mediocre ownership that has followed it and the decades that may continue?

I wonder what would have happened if we had got good ownership back in 89? We probably wouldn't have that early Dynasty as that was lightning in a bottle but would we have had 3 or more Super Bowls in total in the last 35 instead?

DZSierra

Reaction score
At the end of the day, you are NOT changing the ownwership.

It would be dumb IMO not to take what Jimmy Johnson had built and take what it did while it lasted.

If anything, it's one glaring variable that ownership can't ignore (but they seem to LOL).

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Jerry sold his soul, we the fans didn’t sell anything nor would we, this is entertainment and we love it but many more important things in this world
Exactly, I did not buy nor sell anything. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid in the late 70s. Long before Jerry bought the team. That was HIS deal, not ours.

nobody

Reaction score
FnIRcidXkAEOHyt.jpg

I didn't sell jack.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while. Was the dynasty worth it in the end now knowing how bad Jerry is? Was that 4 years worth it for decades of mediocre ownership that has followed it and the decades that may continue?

I wonder what would have happened if we had got good ownership back in 89? We probably wouldn't have that early Dynasty as that was lightning in a bottle but would we have had 3 or more Super Bowls in total in the last 35 instead?
Well I'm not one of these what if guys. Who knows if another owner would have gotten us to even one Superbowl. They won three with Jerry and that will stay forever.

Yes I also want him to hire a true GM and shut the hell up but that won't happen until his death. Hopefully his son will someday get the memo and hire a true professional.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score

Well, remember, when you make a deal with the devil, he always gives you what you want in the beginning, and then slowly takes what is due to him. For all you old-time fans, the way he handled the firing of Tom Landry was downright evil. The man who put this team on the map. The man who helped put the NFL on the map. Fired without even so much as any personal contact. He had to read about it in the newspaper. a man who never set foot again, in Cowboys stadium, nor was heard from again until he death. Now that’s reason enough for a curse of sorts.