We Still Can't Stop The Run Part XXVII

ArtClink

Reaction score
An offseason that saw our beloved fuhrer embroiled in a family law case that he so eloquently did everything in his power to assure his own daughter that she will never be acknowledged as a "Jones" also saw the fuhrer sit on his hands and do almost nothing. Oh, the salary cap this and the salary cap that. It seems that even our beloved Fuhrer has to take time off from his part-time GM job for the Dallas Jonesboys every now and then to preserve his strength for the upcoming season.

Well, we are in year 29 of our beloved Fuhrer trying to still win with curtains open every home game and impulsive decisions like Zeke and Trey Lance, that will prove to be terrible decisions. But among the inactivity, we are stuck with a defense that couldn't stop the run against good teams last season and now face a new season where we lost significant defense talent and plugged zero holes.

We will face a team with a top five offensive line on game one while we will trot out an inferior defensive line than last year where once again we couldn't stop the run when it really mattered. Be prepared for a long season as we watch our beloved Fuhrer's lack of GM skills cost us another year of disappointment. Mark it down: Our defense will be terrible this year against the run and it will cost us a lot of games. Second, Dak will be blamed for every shortcoming of this front office.

I hate when I'm right.

rambo2

Reaction score
An offseason that saw our beloved fuhrer embroiled in a family law case that he so eloquently did everything in his power to assure his own daughter that she will never be acknowledged as a "Jones" also saw the fuhrer sit on his hands and do almost nothing. Oh, the salary cap this and the salary cap that. It seems that even our beloved Fuhrer has to take time off from his part-time GM job for the Dallas Jonesboys every now and then to preserve his strength for the upcoming season.

Well, we are in year 29 of our beloved Fuhrer trying to still win with curtains open every home game and impulsive decisions like Zeke and Trey Lance, that will prove to be terrible decisions. But among the inactivity, we are stuck with a defense that couldn't stop the run against good teams last season and now face a new season where we lost significant defense talent and plugged zero holes.

We will face a team with a top five offensive line on game one while we will trot out an inferior defensive line than last year where once again we couldn't stop the run when it really mattered. Be prepared for a long season as we watch our beloved Fuhrer's lack of GM skills cost us another year of disappointment. Mark it down: Our defense will be terrible this year against the run and it will cost us a lot of games. Second, Dak will be blamed for every shortcoming of this front office.

I hate when I'm right.
Not so fast my friend. We will have speedy linebackers all over the field.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Hope against hope, yes perhaps they can make a difference, but when your defensive line is average or worse, look out. The Browns offensive line will have a field day with the clowns the Fuhrer is trotting out there.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hope against hope, yes perhaps they can make a difference, but when your defensive line is average or worse, look out. The Browns offensive line will have a field day with the clowns the Fuhrer is trotting out there.
The Cowboys will be fine.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I hate when I'm right.
Quick question, how do you know they’ll not be able to stop the run when you haven’t even seen them play yet? :rolleyes:

ArtClink

Reaction score
Quick question, how do you know they’ll not be able to stop the run when you haven’t even seen them play yet? :rolleyes:
Because we couldn't stop the run when it mattered last season and we have more losses than additions on the DLine.

CWR

Reaction score

I hate when I'm right.
The lbs and scheme will make a difference. The oline will be better at run blocking as well.

That said I don't know if we have the talent at DT and RB to compete with the big boys. I imagine those spots will ultimately be our downfall.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Lost significant talent??? Plugged zero holes???

Did you sleep through the off season?

There has been MUCH added to the defense this year. Plus the return of Diggs and Overshown.
This thread is specifically about the defensive line. Show me how we are better than last season, when we couldn't stop the run when it counted.

exciter

Reaction score

I hate when I'm right.
So you’re basing this on one preseason game where the opponent averaged 3.6 yards per carry?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They will make tackles 5-10 yards down field and get worn down as the game goes on. 245 LBers eventually get steam rolled by 300lb OL men, when the DL men don’t hold their gaps.