We want free agents, but do they want us?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's be real, this team hasn't won anything big in almost 30 years. We always have players tied to the cowboys whenever they're a free agent, trades, or releases. But to be honest, do these players really want to come here. We get used to drive up values, not used to actually sign here. If you're a player besides money, what would entice you to want to be a cowboy??

Talking about our history and rings is dry and old

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I don't know many free agents that are interested to play for a 25% discount on nachos and beer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do not know what goes on in any negotiations or interests. Though some think they do.

However we will get the whining from fans that don’t get their way. Then blame the team.

Sure I want some high quality FA’s. But I won’t freak out if it doesn’t happen. We know how it will go come that time.
I have my :popcorn: ready.
:muttley:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We do not know what goes on in any negotiations or interests. Though some think they do.

However we will get the whining from fans that don’t get their way. Then blame the team.

Sure I want some high quality FA’s. But I won’t freak out if it doesn’t happen. We know how it will go come that time.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You look like you're a light butter kind of guy, be a man and get more butter on that popcorn!!! Lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"Come to Dallas and win a ring" doesn't sell like it used to. A lot of these players are too young to remember Dallas even sniffing a Super Bowl.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We get used to drive up values, not used to actually sign here.
It's been that way for years. Agents learned a long time that using the Cowboys as a negotiation ploy instantly drove up the offers for their clients. When Jerry stated dishing out big bucks for FA's in the 90's little did he know what he was creating.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's been that way for years. Agents learned a long time that using the Cowboys as a negotiation ploy instantly drove up the offers for their clients. When Jerry stated dishing out big bucks for FA's in the 90's little did he know what he was creating.
It gives us false hope, but it's one hell of a business tactic!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Come to Dallas and win a ring" doesn't sell like it used to. A lot of these players are too young to remember Dallas even sniffing a Super Bowl.
Everyone keeps saying this exact thing!!!