We were all ecstatic one week ago (Positive Thread)

Coy

Reaction score
Come on guys, I know we are all disappointed to say the least, but do remember that we were ecstatic one week ago after we beat the Bucs. All of us knew deep inside it was going to be nearly impossible to beat the Giants with Brad Johnson running the show, No Romo, No Newman, No Felix, No Kosier, No Pacman, Witten all banged up, we were happy in knowing that we would be above .500 getting into the bye, just remember that.

After the bye our new season starts with all of our stars hopefully back, we can do it, the Redsinks game is essentially a playoff game for us, if we win, we can go 5-2 and get into the playoffs, let´s just stay positive and support our team even though it is hard after that disgusting showing today but I do Believe.

Romo will save our season; you can put that in the bank.

Go Cowboys

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Coy;2394381 said:
Come on guys, I know we are all disappointed to say the least, but do remember that we were ecstatic one week ago after we beat the Bucs. All of us knew deep inside it was going to be nearly impossible to beat the Giants with Brad Johnson running the show, No Romo, No Newman, No Felix, No Kosier, No Pacman, Witten all banged up, we were happy in knowing that we would be above .500 getting into the bye, just remember that.

After the bye our new season starts with all of our stars hopefully back, we can do it, the Redsinks game is essentially a playoff game for us, if we win, we can go 5-2 and get into the playoffs, let´s just stay positive and support our team even though it is hard after that disgusting showing today but I do Believe.

Go Cowboys

What ? Most us thought we got lucky last week I mean our lone TD drive was set up by 4 Tampa Penalties. Everyone was calling for BJ to be benched and let Bollinger start.

It played out just like most people called it with Brad starting

Coy

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394434 said:
What ? Most us thought we got lucky last week I mean our lone TD drive was set up by 4 Tampa Penalties. Everyone was calling for BJ to be benched and let Bollinger start.

A win is a win, I didn’t say it was a beautiful win but don´t tell you weren´t happy with the W, we were staring at 4-5 right in the face.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I'm extremely optimistic. I know how HUGE the return of Romo, FJ, Kozier, and TNew is to this team...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Coy;2394447 said:
A win is a win, I didn’t say it was a beautiful win but don´t tell you weren´t happy with the W, we were staring at 4-5 right in the face.

I took the win I just did not see any reason to get optimistic that teams was turning the corner

bmf31

Reaction score
Wash will lose tomorrow night and Giants will beat Philly next week.

That will put Dallas right back in the thick of things. I would rather have a couple more wins under our belt, but I think this could actually be a good thing for this team.

Maybe it will keep them from getting complacent at the end of the season. We really need the Giants to just keep winning now and dominate the East except against us of course the 2nd time around, but there is a lot of season left and if the Cowboys step up, they can control their own wildcard destiny!

I personally think they will!

Coy

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394434 said:

Did you really think we were going to beat the Giants today???????????
I sure didn´t, hey if we would have done it, it would have been awesome but it was unrealistic.

Coy

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394484 said:
I took the win I just did not see any reason to get optimistic that teams was turning the corner

I get you, we didnt´t turn the corner, but it was a huge win and we were really happy about it, now let´s focus on the rest of the season with our stars back.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Coy;2394499 said:
Did you really think we were going to beat the Giants today???????????
I sure didn´t, hey if we would have done it, it would have been awesome but it was unrealistic.

The only chance was for Bollinger to start the game he may have not been great but if he had all the 1st team snaps we would have had a better shot than what we rolled out there the 1st half.

As soon as Brad was named the starter I knew it was over.

MCowboys

Reaction score
I agree. Am i remembering incorrectly, or did it seem like many people on this board seem ok with the fact we would be 5-4 going into the bye? I am as annoyed as the next guy at how bad we played, especially with how we really seemed to give up in the 4th quarter, but we are by no means out of it. At 5-4, we are only game back of the final wild card. And with Romo, Felix, Kosier, and Newman coming back we should be a different team after the bye.

Coy

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394517 said:
The only chance was for Bollinger to start the game he may have not been great but if he had all the 1st team snaps we would have had a better shot than what we rolled out there the 1st half.

I totally agree with you on that point.

Coy

Reaction score
MCowboys;2394542 said:
I agree. Am i remembering incorrectly, or did it seem like many people on this board seem ok with the fact we would be 5-4 going into the bye? I am as annoyed as the next guy at how bad we played, especially with how we really seemed to give up in the 4th quarter, but we are by no means out of it. At 5-4, we are only game back of the final wild card. And with Romo, Felix, Kosier, and Newman coming back we should be a different team after the bye.

Thats my point exactly.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Coy;2394548 said:
Thats my point exactly.

I think if we would have been at least competitive it would help but the same issues are still showing up since week one on the team play.

In some cases it looks worse than others.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Coy;2394381 said:

Go Cowboys

Agree completely.

Kangaroo;2394517 said:

I don't agree. If Johnson had improved as much from his first to second game and we had played well and mistake free then we were in this game. If Aikman and most everyone else like Garrett thought that there must be a reason for it.

I don't see Bollinger making any difference at all in the final outcome. Could be wrong of course but don't see it.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
jobberone;2394586 said:
Agree completely.

I don't agree. If Johnson had improved as much from his first to second game and we had played well and mistake free then we were in this game. If Aikman and most everyone else like Garrett thought that there must be a reason for it.

I don't see Bollinger making any difference at all in the final outcome. Could be wrong of course but don't see it.

I never bought into the rust issue I saw a guy that looked washed up making the Drew Bledsoe play before he was benched look good.

MCowboys

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394575 said:
I think if we would have been at least competitive it would help but the same issues are still showing up since week one on the team play.

True, the same issues keep showing up, however, even with those issues, no team could put us away with Romo playing. We could very well have beaten Washington and Arizona despite those issues. We were still good enough to play with anyone as long as Romo was out there.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
MCowboys;2394542 said:
Actually a half game.

Edit. You are right it is a full game.

Coy

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394575 said:

Just imagine this scenario, Giants at Cowboys
Giants minus Eli, Derrick Ward, starting left guard, 3 starters in their secondary (two pro bowlers), a pro bowl receiver banged up (as in Witten for us), and no punter (pro bowler).
And the Cowboys at full strength, there´s no way the Giants would´ve been competitive in that game.
Let´s forget about today and hope for tomorrow, hey we will have 12 (No Roy Williams) pro bowlers from a year ago on the field against the Commanders, we sure can beat them, if we don´t then I will be the first to say that our season is probably over.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
MCowboys;2394629 said:
True, the same issues keep showing up, however, even with those issues, no team could put us away with Romo playing. We could very well have beaten Washington and Arizona despite those issues. We were still good enough to play with anyone as long as Romo was out there.
Great post. This is what people are not understanding with Romo out. Even with the mistakes, penalties, sloppy play we were still in every game. There is no way we get blown out at St. Louis and at the Giants with Romo at QB. We probably lose one and win one but definitely not lose both.

Coy

Reaction score
bootsy;2394657 said:
Great post. This is what people are not understanding with Romo out. Even with the mistakes, penalties, sloppy play we were still in every game. There is no way we get blown out at St. Louis and at the Giants with Romo at QB. We probably lose one and win one but definitely not lose both.

WE NEED ROMO BACK