We were quiet during the free agency period, but look at us now!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How are we feeling about the new additions to this team. In the off season we only picked up Kendricks. Over the last few weeks we've been active, assuming getting cost effective deals which we love and value for this team, we've signed Lawson, Toney*, Muhammed, Phillips, and traded for Booth. Do all of these guys make the team? How much of an impact can they have on this team. They're good moves, we shouldn't have much to complain about. Please give your thoughts

Jipper

Reaction score
they missed the FA window and nothing they can do now is going to make up for that.

Luckily the draft looks like a homerun ....all they can hope for now is a player or two on the bubble that they can land OR a team desperate to get rid of someone gives you a great trade...

stiletto

Reaction score
Early returns with the draft is looking good to not care about FA as much. I do think Kendricks is an upgrade at LB but they still should've brought in another guy somewhere in FA early, especially maybe at RB. They're FAFO'ing with that position I think. Zeke is a complete joke.

rambo2

Reaction score
they missed the FA window and nothing they can do now is going to make up for that.

Luckily the draft looks like a homerun ....all they can hope for now is a player or two on the bubble that they can land OR a team desperate to get rid of someone gives you a great trade...
They look like they have built a very good roster.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roster moves / churning are not over yet, or probably not over.

Could be some trades, but doubtful. Fans always think we have players to trade, but does not happen all that often. Then the waiver claims, if any.

I am sure there will a few surprises. Fans happy / angry over pet cats making the team, or being released. Or other players they like or do not like.
I know of one that will be discussed even more than he has.

After Saturday's game it will be 3 days of interesting roster watching.
I am glad it is an afternoon game. gives them extra time to evaluate players and opportunities.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How are we feeling about the new additions to this team. In the off season we only picked up Kendricks. Over the last few weeks we've been active, assuming getting cost effective deals which we love and value for this team, we've signed Lawson, Toney*, Muhammed, Phillips, and traded for Booth. Do all of these guys make the team? How much of an impact can they have on this team. They're good moves, we shouldn't have much to complain about. Please give your thoughts
I don't feel that good. its bottom of the barrell scraping just to fill a roster, nothing to write home about and none of them are difference makers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Roster moves / churning are not over yet, or probably not over.

Could be some trades, but doubtful. Fans always think we have players to trade, but does not happen all that often. Then the waiver claims, if any.

I am sure there will a few surprises. Fans happy / angry over pet cats making the team, or being released. Or other players they like or do not like.
I know of one that will be discussed even more than he has.

After Saturday's game it will be 3 days of interesting roster watching.
I am glad it is an afternoon game. gives them extra time to evaluate players and opportunities.
Picks what about our comp picks

CWR

Reaction score
Gholston and Fehoko are still on the team. Thats 2 major holes. Those 2 are terrible fits for this defense or maybe any NFL defense.
Gholston might be alright. Let him play DE only and see how it goes. He usually manages to grade out fairly well, which suprises me because I don't often notice him.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Gholston might be alright. Let him play DE only and see how it goes. He usually manages to grade out fairly well, which suprises me because I don't often notice him.
Just look for the DL get smoked off the ball and not making any tackles. Thats where you will find Fehoko and Gholston.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My thoughts are to put you on ignore.

CWR

Reaction score
Just look for the DL get smoked off the ball and not making any tackles. Thats where you will find Fehoko and Gholston.
I'm not grouping them together either.

How often is Gholston playing DT when he's blown off the ball, is my next question?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Just the usual bargain bin shopping for players who are JAGs or dinosaurs long past their primes. We do this every year.