Wealth questions

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
What amount does it take to win at the game of wealth? Does the amount not matter and it's only the mindset that matters which inturn keeps the wealth incoming? Do you consider that mindset to be effort or fun or both? What would you do with yourself if the above didn't matter anymore?

jsb357

Reaction score
A win for some is not having to pawn anything that week just to get by. For others it's laying off 10,000 people and feeling good about it.

What would I do? Spend my time doing what I wanted 24/7/365.

morasp

Reaction score
After basic needs are met housing, food, etc.,It's more about feeling good. Being healthy, getting outside, and low stress are all high on my list.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lots of likes but no one actually gave a amount that it takes to win the game, yet a majority spend their lives trying to win, i guess this means many lost at the game?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lots of likes but no one actually gave a amount that it takes to win the game, yet a majority spend their lives trying to win, i guess this means many lost at the game?

To win the game? Get enough money so that generations never have to work again :thumbup:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have found that people tend to lives to their means in the US. (ie, many in the US do not save unless it's via 401k or something that gets the money before they do)

In my opinion, true wealth isn't a specific value, but when you reach the point where your money earns enough to keep you comfortable without being required file a W2 / self employed with set must work hours. The number really depends on your lifestyle. If you want to drive high end cars, massive house, and vacation homes. It's a lot more than others. If you're a home body and don't need to be flashy with your money. You can be wealthy on a lot less.

Your family came make $80k combined salary / year and be happy, or you can make $500k / year combined salary and be miserable. Money is one of the keys to unhappiness, but it can also help you obtain some levels of happiness. For instance, I have lots of hobbies and many hobbies don't come cheap as others. If I can afford to practice those hobbies, it makes me happy. The second I'm using that money to keep up with the Jones, or get the biggest and best luxury item misery will set in.

If you base your views on money, you will be miserable. If you base you happiness on things other than money. You can be happy at many different levels of wealth.

I've never had an issue getting up and going to work, but I find as I age. I don't want to work 50 hours a week anymore. In cases like this, you need your money to start providing income too. This is why it's important to save your money and invest your money. (and I don't mean day trading investing. You don't get compounding interest if you do) Investing that money puts your money to work earning more money.

As Einstein said, “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
To win the game? Get enough money so that generations never have to work again :thumbup:
You can replace "game" with any word you like, a win of some sort is still required no? When you type generations do you mean your family's future generations or all of humanity's future generations?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can replace "game" with any word you like, a win of some sort is still required no? When you type generations do you mean your family's future generations or all of humanity's future generations?

Family generations. There is a difference between rich and wealthy. I am strictly talking monetarily here for this question you posed. Warren Buffet is wealthy while Brad Pitt is rich :cool:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Family generations. There is a difference between rich and wealthy. I am strictly talking monetarily here for this question you posed. Warren Buffet is wealthy while Brad Pitt is rich :cool:
If you had to guess what do you think those future family generations would do with themselves if they didn't have to work a single day? Would they get bored with no working for pay?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you had to guess what do you think those future family generations would do with themselves if they didn't have to work a single day? Would they get bored with no working for pay?

I don’t know, maybe stuff their faces with bon-bons on their sailboats all day, everyday :lmao:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The wealthy love the admiration and adoration of those beneath them, it is that which separates them but only in their mind.

The fact that a show actually existed and was successful called "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" tells us not only who we are but what we are.

rags747

Reaction score
The wealthy love the admiration and adoration of those beneath them, it is that which separates them but only in their mind.

The fact that a show actually existed and was successful called "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" tells us not only who we are but what we are.
That first sentence is totally untrue, is that from a book or something?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What i find odd is that we have a goal to pursue wealth but once that thing is accomplished no one really has a plan for afterwards.

I think there is no afterwards, keep them moving until it's all gone. I think that's what keeps those continuing on, the competition and to further establish your legacy for future gens.
pig-rides-on-donkey-vector-260nw-94124857.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
As someone who was broke poor his entire life until very recently, a few things I appreciate about my new position in life are 1) being able to take time off without fear of getting fired, 2) having the means to travel far and frequently, 3) being able to save substantially without having to adjust my lifestyle, 4) being able to call my own shots and live how I want to live.