"Week 1 Shows NFL Has a Preseason Problem"

links18

Reaction score
"It marked both a nadir in quality and a fitting cap to Sunday’s offensive ineptitude. All day, teams flailed in attempts to form an offense, and not just those with unproven quarterbacks. Six teams — the Giants, Bengals, Seahawks, Texans, 49ers and Colts — failed to crack double digits in points. It would be fair to give partial credit to good defense. But when teams fail to reach 10 points in fully half of Sunday’s games, it represents an epidemic."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...may-not-be-a-solution/?utm_term=.7447a1dac09e

KLJ

Reaction score
when did defense become bad? i used to love watching the 85 bears and 86 giants. low scoring games can be as entertaining as the arena football scores that the nfl wants.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when did defense become bad? i used to love watching the 85 bears and 86 giants. low scoring games can be as entertaining as the arena football scores that the nfl wants.

I prefer them. They make every play more important in the 4th quarter because it feels like one mistake can get you beat. Plus, great defensive football is a blast to watch.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
A reason why I'm not a fan of having divisional games in week 1. It's not fair to already waste a divisional matchup that early in the season when teams clearly are not ready. With the preseason being a joke (it's either too long or not long enough), give every team a week or two to figure things out and get starters in a rhythm first before your first divisional matchup. I would even go further and reserve week 1 for ONLY out-of-conference opponents too.

erod

Reaction score
With the CBA, players barely practice in the offseason at all, and not even much in training camp.