Weird Problem

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Why debate you back and forth? We both know it could be either or. Its apples n oranges really as are most things PC related. Give me a Solaris environment any day. Cides..Im having more fun just kinda goofing off in this thread w/ you. You do seem to take things far to seriously. You really shouldnt do that. :laugh1:

At some point I expect BrainPaint will show up and tell me to "knock it off". Im just waiting on that signal from on high. ;)

why should he have to? he's seen me take care of myself and i don't think he's worried about a whole lot of grief from me on this one.

and i know the mbr has nothing to do with it. like i said, i don't care if you know or not, but you're wrong and so far haven't said anything technical to link an MBR issue with either problem this person has seen.

and YOU need to quit harassing the people who want to help with either wrong answers or making the people providing the wrong answers fight a 12 year old. eventually i'll just tire of it and leave which may make you a happy person, but you're still wrong technically and anyone following your advice - i hope they have a backup.

if you're wanting to chase people outta here, congrats. it's working. if you wanna help hos/bp and company get a lot of views on tech issues, then quit badgering people with your not-even-funny sarcasm.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This stuff is getting old.

You are adults.

Duane

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help. Last night my computer came back the way it was before the cat incident.

The computer locked up so I restarted it, when Windows started to come up it said it was checking for errors on the disk. Sure enough it fixed several sectors on the hard drive and when it finished the computer was restored with it's old defaults, desktop, etc... My old drive is even being recognized.

So I guess I need to plan on getting a new hard drive and Ghost the old one before it crashes completely?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
Thanks again for the help. Last night my computer came back the way it was before the cat incident.

The computer locked up so I restarted it, when Windows started to come up it said it was checking for errors on the disk. Sure enough it fixed several sectors on the hard drive and when it finished the computer was restored with it's old defaults, desktop, etc... My old drive is even being recognized.

So I guess I need to plan on getting a new hard drive and Ghost the old one before it crashes completely?

A ghost is a good idea.

If it is just a hard drive problem then that would be the way to go...if it is a software issue then you will carry it to the next drive through the ghost.