We've been here before, and survived.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
In two week's time, I fully expect to see one of the most hideous and agonizing experiences of my life as a Cowboys fan unfold: The Steelers winning their 7th Super Bowl.....at our place.

But we've been here before.

On January 20, 1980, the Steelers won Super Bowl XIV, giving them 4 Lombardis to Dallas' 2. Things would remain that way for the next 13 years, until the Cowboys finally drew even with their own 4th SB title.

In fact, fast-forward to February 1992, and the Cowboys trailed no fewer than three NFL teams in Lombardis won: They trailed the Commanders (3 Super Bowls won,) Steelers (4 Super Bowls won,) and 49ers (four Super Bowls won.)

For whatever it's worth, 49ers fans are in the exact same boat as us. They, too, watched as Pittsburgh won its 6th Lombardi and became the first to eclipse San Francisco and Dallas in Super Bowl titles.

Someone will probably twist my words and accuse me of being "content," or "satisfied/accepting of mediocrity" - which is ridiculous. I am saying no such thing.

It's noteworthy that the "America's Team" nickname was given to the Cowboys in the late 1970s at a time when they had only 2 Super Bowl titles and the Steelers had 4.

But this Cowboys franchise is nothing short of resilient. We've been here before. We spent many years in the shadows. And we will come back again. We did it in the past and we will do it again.....no matter if it takes 5 years, 10, or longer.

We've been here before. This is nothing new.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3819204 said:
And the Steelers missed the playoffs last year. Sounds familiar.

Did they quit at any point like our team did?

That is the most alarming thing about this group of players. Quitting is in them.

Tricericon

Reaction score
Red Dragon;3819128 said:
It's noteworthy that the "America's Team" nickname was given to the Cowboys in the late 1970s at a time when they had only 2 Super Bowl titles and the Steelers had 4.

Nitpick: the name originates from the 1978 highlight film, which would have been produced between their third and fourth rings. Your point still stands, however.

jason54858

Gloomy Sunday
Reaction score
Red Dragon;3819128 said:
In two week's time, I fully expect to see one of the most hideous and agonizing experiences of my life as a Cowboys fan unfold: The Steelers winning their 7th Super Bowl.....at our place.

On January 20, 1980, the Steelers won Super Bowl XIV, giving them 4 Lombardis to Dallas' 2. Things would remain that way for the next 13 years, until the Cowboys finally drew even with their own 4th SB title.

In fact, fast-forward to February 1992, and the Cowboys trailed no fewer than three NFL teams in Lombardis won: They trailed the Commanders (3 Super Bowls won,) Steelers (4 Super Bowls won,) and 49ers (four Super Bowls won.)

For whatever it's worth, 49ers fans are in the exact same boat as us. They, too, watched as Pittsburgh won its 6th Lombardi and became the first to eclipse San Francisco and Dallas in Super Bowl titles.

Someone will probably twist my words and accuse me of being "content," or "satisfied/accepting of mediocrity" - which is ridiculous. I am saying no such thing.

But this Cowboys franchise is nothing short of resilient. We've been here before. We spent many years in the shadows. And we will come back again. We did it in the past and we will do it again.....no matter if it takes 5 years, 10, or longer.

:D excellent post

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We'll just have to be the first team to win 3 in a row, before they do it. Just like we were the first team to win 3 titles in 4 seasons before they were able to.

bigE79

Reaction score
Red Dragon;3819128 said:

Best post i've read in a long time:bow: ...i wish people would post their steeler drival in the nfl zone,i hate looking at that name everytime i come to the fan zone:star:

Gorgeyhopper

Reaction score
Being 23 I've never gotten to experience Dallas as the juggernauts they used to be or actually just being a regularly competitive team for that matter. Most fans my age are used to being losers.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Gorgeyhopper;3819353 said:
Being 23 I've never gotten to experience Dallas as the juggernauts they used to be or actually just being a regularly competitive team for that matter. Most fans my age are used to being losers.

I never have either. I'm also 23, and I have never seen the Cowboys win a Super Bowl in my life. (I grew up abroad when SB XXX took place.) I became a fan when Dallas was going through it's 5-11, 5-11 and 5-11 years.

We are seeing a new, unspoiled, generation of Cowboys fans who share more in common with Lions or Chiefs fans than the earlier spoiled generation.