We've got some drafting to do...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It's a good thing Jerry horded as many picks as he did. We're going to need them very soon.

QB
LB
WR
S
OL - added because I initially thought about it when writing this post, didn't put it down, and have been convinced ins subsequent posts that I was crazy to not include it.

These are all positions of need. The Chargers took Brees in Rd 2. Hopefully we can pickup another steal or two as well in the later rounds.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I don't understand WR. QB is going to be pretty low on the priority list.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2393312 said:
It's a good thing Jerry horded as many picks as he did. We're going to need them very soon.

QB
LB
WR
S

These are all positions of need. The Chargers took Brees in Rd 2. Hopefully we can pickup another steal or two as well in the later rounds.

Linebacker is easily the top priority. Bradie James is not getting it done, and Zach Thomas was a BONEHEAD move. I'm really missing Akin Ayodele now.

Woods

Reaction score
We need a SS, a true NT, another ILB and OLB, and a back up QB to groom.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
casmith07;2393334 said:
and Zach Thomas was a BONEHEAD move. I'm really missing Akin Ayodele now.
lolwut?

Dumb post of the day.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2393319 said:

How do think we're addressing the backup position then? FA? Beck?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Jerry and company need to stop FRICKING drafting solely on TALENT, and more so on football IQ because we have too many dumb players to make a run

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
casmith07;2393334 said:
Linebacker is easily the top priority. Bradie James is not getting it done, and Zach Thomas was a BONEHEAD move. I'm really missing Akin Ayodele now.

Oh my god. I think I just sharted.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tomson75;2393347 said:
How do think we're addressing the backup position then? FA? Beck?
I think by year's end they'll look back and see we got by 1-2 with a backup and think we shouldn't put much into it with the hopes of changing just one game out of it. Particularly given we don't have a first.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theogt;2393319 said:

TO isn't going to be around forever and RW11 will need some help.

We have practically nothing backing Romo up. Romo goes down and the season is pretty much in the tank. Some have said it before and well, it's happening right before our very eyes. We need to start grooming a young talented QB to take over when Romo goes down and ultimately take the reigns when Romo is ready to hand them off.

We need a Sage Rosenfels, Dan Orlovsky, or Gus Frerotte type to back Romo up... It's sad when a team that was supposedly pegged to go deep into the playoffs is suddenly reduced to last place with a glimmer of hope for a wildcard because their starting QB has gone down for a few weeks. Can the person who convinced JJ that Brad Johnson was a viable backup to Romo please jump out of a 30 story window right now?... Thanks.

Iago33

Reaction score
OL first and last and some in the middle.
A few LBs and some DL would be nice, as well.
Then we need safties and QB.
Piece of cake.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2393376 said:
I think by year's end they'll look back and see we got by 1-2 with a backup and think we shouldn't put much into it with the hopes of changing just one game out of it. Particularly given we don't have a first.

Yeah, but don't you think it warrants change at the very least? I don't think we're going to be burning a first day pick on a QB, but the position surely can't stay the way it is now. I'd guess a FA QB or a 5-6 rounder.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt;2393319 said:
I don't understand WR.

Same here. We already got Roy E.

Owens, Williams, Crayton, Austin, Hurd and/or Stanback should be our corps for the next couple of years.

QB is going to be pretty low on the priority list.

Probably. We need a better backup right now, not someone to groom as Romo's replacement. I'm sure we'll sign a veteran to back up Romo. Hopefully it's someone who will perform better than Brad Johnson has. If we draft a quarterback, it'll probably be with one of our many late picks. He could be a No. 3 who gets time to develop.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393436 said:
Same here. We already got Roy E.

Owens, Williams, Crayton, Austin, Hurd and/or Stanback should be our corps for the next couple of years.

Of those that you mentioned, with respect to the future, the only ones worth a damn IMO are Williams and Austin. The others are not going to significantly improve their play (or lack thereof). I purposely made no mention of TO because we would, in essence, be drafting his replacement. TO is TO. He will give us another 1 or 2 good years. That's it.

AdamJT13;2393436 said:
Probably. We need a better backup right now, not someone to groom as Romo's replacement. I'm sure we'll sign a veteran to back up Romo. Hopefully it's someone who will perform better than Brad Johnson has. If we draft a quarterback, it'll probably be with one of our many late picks. He could be a No. 3 who gets time to develop.

That works. We just need some hope at the #2 QB position. Whether that's a skilled veteran (Beck) or a rookie with promise... We have nothing at the #2 right now. It's really sad to be in this predicament with a team that is supposedly built to go deep into the playoffs.

Rounder

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393436 said:
I'm sure we'll sign a veteran to back up Romo. quote]

What about someone like JP Losman? Not sure what his contract situation is like.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tomson75;2393413 said:
Yeah, but don't you think it warrants change at the very least? I don't think we're going to be burning a first day pick on a QB, but the position surely can't stay the way it is now. I'd guess a FA QB or a 5-6 rounder.
I had a dream we signed Rex Grossman in the offseason.

(ducks)