We've got to come back next week, try to win 10 games and see what happens,"

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Am I the only one who was bothered by this comment? I never heard a coach make a comment like that.

Seems like he wanted to sneak that "10 win" comment in there as a way of saying "Hey, we can win 10 games....I really don't suck...and the season really wasn't that bad"

This sounds a bit like last year when Wade counted the playoff bye week as a "win".

I dunno...maybe I'm reading too much into it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Juke99;2514645 said:
Am I the only one who was bothered by this comment? I never heard a coach make a comment like that.

Seems like he wanted to sneak that "10 win" comment in there as a way of saying "Hey, we can win 10 games....I really don't suck...and the season really wasn't that bad"

This sounds a bit like last year when Wade counted the playoff bye week as a "win".

I think you're reading too much into it, but he's never been a press conference genius either. I just will be rooting for my team to win and finish with 10 wins on the season even if we miss the playoffs. At the end of the day....I'll feel better than I normally would as long as we don't finish behind the R*dsk*ns.

mmohican29

Reaction score
You're reading too much into it. I have no problem with Wade wanting to shake the disappointment of this loss as quickly as possible when he understands that the team still has hope to achieve the playoffs. He's subtly reminding the team (not so much the media) that we can still win 10 ballgames out of 16 and if it's good enough for the playoffs then we will go, if it's not it's not but we need to keep fighting until the fight is stopped.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Juke99;2514645 said:

Wade already won his Super Bowl when he was named coach of the Cowboys, he's just along for the ride.

EndGame

Reaction score
I would be concerned if he said we were going to try to win next week and get to 11-5. Other than that, I too think you're reading too much into it.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2514919 said:
Reading too much IMO. We have nine wins; we're trying to get to 10.
Exactly. What's he supposed to say. We like having 9 wins. The team can control what happens next week only and that is to reach 10 wins and see what happens. They can't get to 11 or 12.

ddh33

Reaction score
No such thing as sneaking into the playoffs, in my opinion. Everybody plays 16 games. You win enough of them, and you earned your way in.

slogriff

Reaction score
It may be reading too much into it but I took it the same way. Its not a complete stretch to do so when you put into context the litany of excuses he throws out during his PCs.

scottsp

Reaction score
Juke99;2514645 said:

Juke, I am with you on this. It's not even the comment, on it's own merit. It's the approach in general.

"Hey, let's win next week, try to hit the 10-win mark, and see what happens." Basically stated, it comes down to next week in Philly. No use in crying about it now. I get that.

Bigger picture, to me, it's more of the same. "We're purty good. We did come in second today. Second is better than third, ain't it?"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
EndGame;2514933 said:
I would be concerned if he said we were going to try to win next week and get to 11-5. Other than that, I too think you're reading too much into it.

I would be even more concerned-ed-ded if Wade said..... we want to get to 13-3 again

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
scottsp;2515162 said:
Juke, I am with you on this. It's not even the comment, on it's own merit. It's the approach in general.

"Hey, let's win next week, try to hit the 10-win mark, and see what happens." Basically stated, it comes down to next week in Philly. No use in crying about it now. I get that.

Bigger picture, to me, it's more of the same. "We're purty good. We did come in second today. Second is better than third, ain't it?"
You are reading way too much into it. Doesn't sound anything like this.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Juke99;2514645 said:

yes you are, he means next week and see what happens.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
This team will never accomplish much of anything with Wade Phillips as head coach.

That much is obvious to anyone who isn't a blind homer or has an IQ just above an ape.

scottsp

Reaction score
bootsy;2515243 said:
You are reading way too much into it. Doesn't sound anything like this.

Prolly so. Like I said, on its own merit, relatively harmless. I would agree with the remark in this context. He's right.

But it's Wade, and I have to make light of it. Can't wait his Monday presser. Always good times.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
myself personally, i dont like wade as a head coach, defensive coordinator i dont have a problem with, but not a head coach

when a head coach says, well we won 13 games last year, and we did win a playoff game last year, was the bye week, GEEZ, wake up people, he isnt a head coach, that thinking drifts to your players and that everything is oked dokey, and its not.

thats why we are in the trouble we are in now, and with camp cupcake and camp marshmellow, some of the players are soft

did you see how easily tank johnson got pushed aside on both of those big runs by the ravens, ?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
At least he didnt say "we suck and I dont really see us putting up much of a fight against Philly so the season is probably over".

Wade is always the optimist, I never knew that a bye week counted as a playoff win until Wade informed me of that fact!!!!

RoboQB

Reaction score
Hey, maybe Jerry told him he'd keep him if he won 10 games:)