WFAA Blog: Coach Joe on Witten injury w/vid

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8:31 PM Tue, Oct 28, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

You've seen former Cowboys special teams coach Joe Avezzano on with Dale after the Cowboys games and you've seen his post-game analysis on-line.

Now, we've give Coach Joe a web cam, so you can here his thoughts throughout the week.

His first video blog doesn't disappoint. They key is Joe isn't just a coach he's also played in the NFL.

In his first blog he talks about the Jason Witten injury and he makes a great point at the end... it's only about 40 seconds long and worth the watch.

Here it is: The Way Coach Joe Sees It: Witten injury

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
It's just like I said on sunday. Breathing will be a problem for him. Toughness is one thing, but no one can be "Tough" if they can't breath.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2383078 said:
Breathing is real important

I have been saying this since the mid way point of the 2006 season, but no body pays me no attention.

:D

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Sit Witten and unleash Martellus on the jints.

Wait.........:eek: We don't have a qb.

Can we just rest the whole team and call in a forfeit to the league??:confused:

fortdick

Reaction score
"Breathing is a priority."

Why a guy with this much insight and knowledge isn't a HC in the NFL remains a mystery.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
One of the worst injuries that I've ever sufferred in my military career was broken ribs as a result of landing in the trees while parachuting with the 82nd Airborne Division. It was during a mass tact where they dropped an entire battalion of us over a forest of trees with those god awful non-steerable T-10 parachutes. When I came out of the plane (near the end of my stick) at 800 feet drop altitude, I was no where near the tiny drop zone they tried to put us in. Realizing my fate was sealed, I braced for the worst and prayed that I'd at least come out of it alive. I remembered closing my eyes just as the tip of the tree line was close to touching my boots, telling myself that this was going to suck.

Two broken ribs later...

Man, I couldn't even get out of bed for a week and I was constantly having to take shallow breaths to help minimize the pain. So Coach Joe is absolutely correct here. You could tape a mattress to Witten's chest and still won't help with his breathing problems.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I say rest Witten this game........get ready for the deadskins.

Bennett is doing a good job

juck

Reaction score
a broken rib wont heal in 3 weeks,and Westbrook has some too if im not mistaken.

superpunk

Reaction score
I guarantee you guys that Tony Gonzalez can breathe.

What do u half to say nao?