WFAA Blog: Witten says Cowboys can't let up now

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12:50 PM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel
Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten knows, despite back-to-back wins and a 7-4 record, the Cowboys are still far from a lock to make the playoffs.

"There's no room to let up now," Witten said. "Pile up those wins, that's what we got to do."

The Cowboys host the 2-9 Seattle Seahawks Thursday.

Witten says he's not looking at playoff positioning says they just have to keep winning.

"I think we really can't get caught up in who is doing what," he said.

Six teams will make the playoffs from the NFC, the four division winners and two wild card teams. Among non-division leaders, the Carolina Panthers are 8-3 and the Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons and Washington Commanders are all 7-4.

"I think we all feel like we're playing good football, but we can still play better," Witten said.

Asked about Terrell Owens and his comments on the NFL Network, Witten said he hasn't asked for the ball more.

"I haven't really said much," Witten said, "seeing that it worked I guess Terrell got the last laugh."

AKATheRake

Reaction score
That's exactly how this team needs to think. Forget about what everyone else is doing, whether they win or lose, and just worry about taking care of you own business. Pile up wins.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2443697 said:
12:50 PM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

"I think we really can't get caught up in who is doing what," he said.

This statement needs to be put up all over Valley Ranch, we need to just keep winning