WFAA Hansen Blog: Commanders game nearly must-win for Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9:26 AM Mon, Nov 10, 2008 | Permalink
Dale Hansen

Playing better is only part of the Cowboys problem.

Who they play might be a bigger problem.

They have the Giants again, the Eagles in Philadelphia, a game at Pittsburgh that won't be easy to win and the game at Washington next week. They had a long weekend, too.

Must wins are always a little goofy to me unless they really are and it's impossible to have a must win game in November, but the game in Washington next week is as close as you're gonna get to one.

Lose in Washington and the Cowboys are 5-5 and do they really recover from that?

arync

Reaction score
the skins were 5-6 a few years ago and ended up winning their last 5 games to win, so it is possible but does this team have the intestinal fortitude to go on a streak like that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No, it's not a must game. But a loss just makes it more difficult. As in nearly way, way, way, way......way more difficult.

juck

Reaction score
Its pretty must win considering the whole nfc.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
And the Baltimore game is no longer the "gimme" it was in August. Gulp.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
it IS a must win game. Looking good is VERY important to this group...thanks to their rock star status. The make up of this coaching staff and it's players have no interest in struggling to finish 9-7...a non-attractive record. If it LOOKS like they can't make it...they will mail it in. I have already stated that if they lose to the Commanders..this team will mail it in.