What’s Geno Smith’s status next week?

Sydla

Reaction score
The impossible now seems possible. Philly looks off the rails and playing in Seattle where they are still fighting for that last WC spot now seems very tough………. If Geno plays.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He should be good to go, would have played yesterday if it was a playoff game.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Considering he was questionable, downgraded to doubtful (and then out) this week, I’d say there’s a good chance he comes back.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It’s a groin so it’s anyone’s guess. Those are one of the more unpredictable injuries as mild ones can still linger for weeks and once you think you’re healthy they’re so easy to aggravate again.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Seattle is still clawing for their playoff lives. My guess is they sat him for rest and viewed the SF game yesterday as a L with a view to make their run the last 4 weeks

IMO— they have a great shot to upset Philly this week. Can we handle Buffalo and gain a game on Philly?

Sydla

Reaction score
Seattle is still clawing for their playoff lives. My guess is they sat him for rest and viewed the SF game yesterday as a L with a view to make their run the last 4 weeks

IMO— they have a great shot to upset Philly this week. Can we handle Buffalo and gain a game on Philly?
With their weapons on offense - Metcalf, Lockett, Smith-Njibga, Walker III - if the OL can hold up and Smith plays, they have a chance to score points against that Philly defense.

Philly is a big road favorite though, opened at -4.

silvernblu

Reaction score
What is the latest word on Geno playing next Monday?

I was away this weekend and just learned he did not play vs SF. That is some dumb luck!

Sydla

Reaction score
Also, since we are scoreboard watching, San Fran's last tough opponent - Ravens - may get bad news today. Kyle Hamilton hurt his knee and is having an MRI today. He's a candidate for DPOY and arguably the most important guy on that D right now.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
With their weapons on offense - Metcalf, Lockett, Smith-Njibga, Walker III - if the OL can hold up and Smith plays, they have a chance to score points against that Philly defense.

Philly is a big road favorite though, opened at -4.
If Geno plays like he did against us— I think Seattle wins that game. They have the DL to contain Hurts.

The blueprint is out there now. Couple that with the Eagles D struggling— and I think we are watching Philly go through a regression to the mean.

They lose 3 in a row— and the wheels start to really shake and wobble on their cart. Guys like Brown and Slay will likely whine and grow discontent in the locker room.

Not sure Siriani or Hurts have the leadership skills to keep them together. Would be awesome to see them implode and wind up as the 5th seed lol

Sydla

Reaction score
If Geno plays like he did against us— I think Seattle wins that game. They have the DL to contain Hurts.

The blueprint is out there now. Couple that with the Eagles D struggling— and I think we are watching Philly go through a regression to the mean.

They lose 3 in a row— and the wheels start to really shake and wobble on their cart. Guys like Brown and Slay will likely whine and grow discontent in the locker room.

Not sure Siriani or Hurts have the leadership skills to keep them together. Would be awesome to see them implode and wind up as the 5th seed lol
Sirianni seems to be a great cheerleader when they are winning. Let's see how his antics work when they are losing.