what a shame

mmillman

Reaction score
Fabini, Rivera, and Vanderjerk in particular. Lots of money flushed that sure would have helped elsewher. :star: You have to give Jones credit for going back to the well. Nobody can doubt the man's desire to put a winning team on the field. I do question some of the decision making at times.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
mmillman;1414514 said:
Fabini, Rivera, and Vanderjerk in particular. Lots of money flushed that sure would have helped elsewher. :star: You have to give Jones credit for going back to the well. Nobody can doubt the man's desire to put a winning team on the field. I do question some of the decision making at times.

Well at the time of the signings, those looked to be very good signings. Vandy just lost it i guess and Rivera got hurt signing his name to the contract it seems. Fabini was more for insurance than anything esle.. esp after Colombo came on strong in camp.. and you can't undervalue having an experienced swing tackle on game day.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am gaining confidence in jerry right now. I am so glad to hear him say we are not doing anything else in free agency for awhile.

That is great news.

Now if he just trusts the scouts and stays out of the way on draft day I will be happy. 10 picks. You build your team in april and that is going to be the most important part of the year.

BLT

Reaction score
fabini and vanderjact didnt cost us that much.. and rivera we just got unlucky because he got hurt

sago1

Reaction score
We all complain about the wasted money spent on Vanderjagt, Riveria & Fabini but how would you like to be the Browns with all the money they locked into signing Bentley who didn't step on the field in 06 and who knows when (IF) he'll be able to play in 07. At least we got 2 years out of Riveria who gave all he could be when you develop back problems there's not much you can do. Lot of people think you shouldn't pay much money for a player over 30, but what about younger players like Bentley.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Ya can't be right in every player move ya make. I'm just happy that we are starting to make some GOOD player moves and draft picks over the past couple of years compared to what we did in the late 90's/early 2000's.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mmillman;1414514 said:
It happens to every team that is agressive. It's a risk I'd gladly take.

Reaction score
I was never in favor of the Cowboys giving big money to Rivera or Vanderjerk. Fabini was more of an insurance policy really...