What are the Cowboy players thinking right now?

mrmason67

Reaction score
I'm a long time reader of cowboyszone and today I decided to post a message. I would like to say I'm very upset as everyone is today.

I want to know. What does everybody think the players are thinking now? They know all they have to do to get in the playoff is to win at Phil?

What is the offensive thinking now? The offensive has been very inconsistent for many weeks. I have yet to see their B game, since the first weeks of the season. Last week, we had all this talk about meetings with players and coaches. I'm thinking this is a good time to have a meeting right now at valley ranch with all the wr's, rb's te's and qb and OC and Quarterback coach. The OLine should be meeting too. We know what is coming from Phil defensive, "Blitz" all day long. We can't have any miscues from nobody and especially from out center. I don't want to the ball flying back to Romo when it don't suppose to. I know some will say, it's too late for a meeting like this, but this is do or die. The OLine need to play with a mean streak like the guy in front of them disrepected their mothers in a very bad way and called her every bad name in the book.

What is the defensive thinking now? I know they are bummed out about those two big runs, but they are playing lights out. They are the best defensive unit in the NFC. We can bring the heat from everywhere. I'm thinking the defensive need to have a meeting too. This last game is over and we are still alive for a playoff spot. Every player need to beat the man in front of them like they broke into their house and stole their kid’s toys for Christmas and slap their wife. The safeties need to hit everybody that comes into their territory. They should own that area and not let anyone catch the ball and if they do catch the ball make them pay. Mr. Hamlin needs to play the best game of his life. He needs to play like he played before he got that big contract. He has not played nowhere near the level he played last year. He should be laying some wood on some people and not diving at someone feet.

Everybody on this team need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves, "Have I given my all to my team and teammates?" Forget all about this crap about who said what or didn't say what. Everybody need to play like their jobs depended on them playing well. Play like they will lose their jobs right after the game. Everybody mean coaches too.

We know this team has underachieved the whole year. I know had some injuries, but we have enough talent on this team to play some good football.

I would like to finish with a statement or agreement. I read some think Romo has gotten too comfortable in his position as a starting quarterback for us. He is throwing too int's and they are coming at the wrong time. I have watched him since day one and his risk taken has gotten me going crazy. I'm thinking maybe he think he has the arm strength like Frave. I will admit he has a quick release, but he can't stick the ball into small spaces or throw the ball deep down the field consistently. Just my thought.

I would like to know what you guys think.

MrMason67

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hopefully they are thinking they seriously screwed the pooch and need to play like they can next Sunday.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I was dating Jessica Simpson I'd have 2 things on my mind.

willia451

Reaction score
Wow!!! I don't know WHAT they are thinking, to tell you the truth. I hope they are thinking we need to win this football game coming up.

I like your idea about meetings. I would focus more on practice, than meetings. But, if they can get a few in, sounds good.

Romo? Yeah. He's a gun slingger for sure. But what can you do? Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. All I can say is, he's won a heck of a lot more games for us, than lost. And yep. He averages 2 or 3 stinkers a year. But is also gernally considered among the top 5 QBs in the NFL. If he could just get some of his untimely ints out, he could be #1 one day. We'll see. The potential IS there.

BTW. Nice Post. Very refreshing.

Go Cowboys!!

1fisher

Reaction score
they are thinking " Oh crap, here we go with another MUST WIN, game. Will it ever stop?"

:banghead:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
A few will welcome the challenge of going to Philly and extending the season.

TO
Witten
Columbo
Choice
Ware
Roy E
Pacman
Newman

the guys that have actually given their all and the guys you don't consider small in big games.

Others, well....they're probably pissed that they have a meaningful game left that they have a chance to come up small in.

Romo
Gurode
Hamlin
Davis
Ellis
James
Henry
Zach
Proctor
and so on.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mrmason67;2516411 said:
What are the Cowboy players thinking right now?

noose.jpg

Aikbach

Reaction score
Next week is Dallas' playoff game, if they don't win they won't see the wildcards.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I'm hoping they're thinking that they have gotten a gift and that they are not going to let it pass them by. That they have to go all the way and win a Super Bowl to make up for what they did to Texas Stadium.

I'd be happy with a playoff win but I hope they expect more.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
They will be saying

D.Ware; "Man this raw meat is tasty"
Ratliff; "Yeah, and fresh too."
B. James; "Killa pass me a leg, this tastes like chunky soup."