What could have been....Julius Jones

dfense

Reaction score
Was it that long ago? The guy had huge runs. Remember the slow motion replays of him just jumping out of the grasp and turning it on for a 25 yard run? He'd have two guys boxing himin and he'd just kick in a gear and leave them standing there. He had speed, uncanny change of direction, instant quickness. What happened?

I remember zoners making a video of his many awesome runs. Julius, where did you go? You can't put it on Bill anymore JJ. I see Db's stop you in your tracks with an arm tackle. I swear if you ran into a cheerleader on the sideline, you'd go down before she would.

Man, talk about a one year tease. Enjoy you're remaining 10 or 11 games as a Cowboy JJ. And thanks for 2004. I still have the tapes. :(

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that too, I think Parcells made him run like a Robot.

1Ware1

Reaction score
I am going out on a limb here,and I may have to swallow some pride and be made fun of for this,but this is the week when Julius hangs his first 100 yard game since the SAINTS game

Cowboys win 24-17

stats will read:

Julius Jones 16attepts 128 yards rushing-3 receptions for17yrds-1 touchdown

Marion Barber 10 attempts 47yrds 2 receptions 18yrds 2 touchdowns
Marion Barber

dfense

Reaction score
1Ware1;1741198 said:
I am going out on a limb here,and I may have to swallow some pride and be made fun of for this,but this is the week when Julius hangs his first 100 yard game since the SAINTS game

Cowboys win 24-17

stats will read:

Julius Jones 16attepts 128 yards rushing-3 receptions for17yrds-1 touchdown

Marion Barber 10 attempts 47yrds 2 receptions 18yrds 2 touchdowns
Marion Barber
At least Parcell's worked him. He averaged over 20+ carries a game, 102 yds a game his rookie year. His carries have steadily decreased since. Of course, that what naturally happens when you don't get the job done.

landryscorner

Reaction score
hes gone after this year and the cowboys won't miss him why? MB, free agency, and our drafts next year all that equals to= options

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
last time i looked at the roster he was still a part of this team....
and i will say he is an important part.
i wish people would quit writing him off.
there is still time for him to make an impression this year.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dfense;1741191 said:
Was it that long ago? The guy had huge runs. Remember the slow motion replays of him just jumping out of the grasp and turning it on for a 25 yard run? He'd have two guys boxing himin and he'd just kick in a gear and leave them standing there. He had speed, uncanny change of direction, instant quickness. What happened?

I remember zoners making a video of his many awesome runs. Julius, where did you go? You can't put it on Bill anymore JJ. I see Db's stop you in your tracks with an arm tackle. I swear if you ran into a cheerleader on the sideline, you'd go down before she would.

Man, talk about a one year tease. Enjoy you're remaining 10 or 11 games as a Cowboy JJ. And thanks for 2004. I still have the tapes. :(

My gut feeling tells me wherever he goes next year, he'll start to break out.

His brother Thomas was the same way-started out looking like a "bust", then just became a "late bloomer". Who knows how better the Bears would be with him this year?

*shrugs* I guess it runs in the family.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JJ only fluorished when he had monster holes to the second level. Thats when he flashed his moves and flash.

But reality is he has poor vision, can't adjust and runs into blockers and defenders mostly. MB3 makes 4 out of nothing and JJ falls down faster than Tham.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741335 said:
JJ only fluorished when he had monster holes to the second level. Thats when he flashed his moves and flash.

But reality is he has poor vision, can't adjust and runs into blockers and defenders mostly. MB3 makes 4 out of nothing and JJ falls down faster than Tham.

He runs screens very well though-we need to utilize him in the passing game, especially against this team.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741368 said:
He runs screens very well though-we need to utilize him in the passing game, especially against this team.
we do bot for whatever reason they all get called back for holding

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1741402 said:
we do bot for whatever reason they all get called back for holding

The block in the back on Witten that negated a long JJ screen in the Bears game was BS(even Peter King talked about it).

Other times, we just haven't gotten lucky.:(

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
dfense;1741191 said:
I see Db's stop you in your tracks with an arm tackle. I swear if you ran into a cheerleader on the sideline, you'd go down before she would.

He has actually been breaking quite a few tackles this year. My problem is the number of times they call a run right up the middle for him. Especially in the Vikings game with the Williams twins in the middle, they repeatedly ran him right into them. He needs more swing passes, pitchouts, screens and draws called for him.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
WE all remember JJ's rookie year..I thought We had finally found E. Smiths replacement..The new Star to take the torch.

I still have that taste in my mouth...what He could of been if He kept doing what ever He was doing..But He stoped:( .

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I have a feeling that he wants to get out of here...Split number of carries with Marion does the rest. I can also remember him saying that he was a Commanders fan. His rookie year was all new and excitement that was the reason for his explosiveness. I also believe when he plays for another team that he will break out.....because there will be this excitement again for him and he will proof everyone wrong....but he will never become a star....he is an above average RB.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
poke;1741286 said:
last time i looked at the roster he was still a part of this team....
and i will say he is an important part.
i wish people would quit writing him off.
there is still time for him to make an impression this year.

Uh, well, considering many felt LAST year was the year for Julius to prove himself and we are halfway through THIS year, the crtitcism of his play is fair.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I remember JJ in NDs senior year. Losingham as coach. We had NOTHING on offense except JJ. A decent O line but Quinn was just a soph and Ty had no idea how to teach a QB. I was totally amazed at what CW did with Quinn the next year- just absolutely amazed. By the third game of the season everyone knew JJ was it for us. USC was just about the only one that really shut him down the rest of the year- untill Syracuse who basically put 9 men on the line and Losingham ( who was already talking to Washington) did nothing about it. Then in his rookie year the injury deflated me. Then came the chicago game- though he had looked pretty decent against the top D in the nfl the previous week against Baltimore. Then that amazing Seattle game. Then came the last game against the Giants on MNF. Madden was raving about JJ- and NORs you are full of it if you claim he needs large holes. The Boys have not been able to make large holes without an exhausted D since the late 90s. I still have that game on my computer thanks to one of the guys here. he was juking and making the Giants defenders look totally sick. Madden even commented on how some of the Giants players were hanging their heads after one of his plays. I have come to the conclusion that the following happened: JJ bulked up in his upper body and that affected his balance and quickness; BP burned into him NOT to trust his instincts and follow the play. I doubt that after 2 years of that conditioning JJ can ever really come back to his instincts. And that still leaves the bulk and balance factor.