What do these people all have in common?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Word Mofo;2363545 said:
They're all overpaid by Jerrah!

links18;2363650 said:
We have a winner. All people who have taken jerruah to the cleaners in the past year......

No way!!
I nailed it on the fourth post. Gimme my winnings...........

links18

Reaction score
Boysboy;2363703 said:
How did Jerry overpay the Titans FO? B/c Pacman got in trouble again, we just netted 2 2nd day picks. That deal was win-win to begin with.

And as for the Roy trade with the Lions FO? Despite giving up the 1st and 3rd, we didn't exactly give out our 6th...as they in return gave us a 7th. So that part felt more like a swap.

We lost a 4th on a guy that didn't last 7 games and we overpaid for RW, even if that was a trade that had to be made at the time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jackrussell;2363789 said:
It was a lose/lose deal to begin with.

How so? Like I said-it wasn't like we gave up an unconditional draft pick + a player(which is why trade talks last Spring fell apart initially-the Titans wanted a 3rd rounder plus either Akin/Fasano).

Jerry eventually got it worked out to where if AJ got in trouble again, we would just get back the draft pick we gave them + we wouldn't give up our 6th rounder.

So again-how was it a lose/lose deal?

Boysboy

Reaction score
links18;2363854 said:
We lost a 4th on a guy that didn't last 7 games and we overpaid for RW, even if that was a trade that had to be made at the time.

Like I said-the Titans owe us a 5th rounder next year, plus we don't have to fork over our 6th.

BTW-didn't we cut Erik Walden(our 5th rounder this year)? What makes you think IF we had that (low)4th rounder, that person would have made the team?

Audiman

Reaction score
Boysboy;2363863 said:
How so? Like I said-it wasn't like we gave up an unconditional draft pick + a player(which is why trade talks last Spring fell apart initially-the Titans wanted a 3rd rounder plus either Akin/Fasano).

Jerry eventually got it worked out to where if AJ got in trouble again, we would just get back the draft pick we gave them + we wouldn't give up our 6th rounder.

So again-how was it a lose/lose deal?

dude, you seriously can't expect to argue with ignorance and win...

links18

Reaction score
Boysboy;2363869 said:
Like I said-the Titans owe us a 5th rounder next year, plus we don't have to fork over our 6th.

BTW-didn't we cut Erik Walden(our 5th rounder this year)? What makes you think IF we had that (low)4th rounder, that person would have made the team?

What makes you think it will be a low 4th rounder?

Boysboy

Reaction score
links18;2363888 said:
What makes you think it will be a low 4th rounder?

What? The 4th rounder we gave to the Titans was OUR's(finishing 13-3, I believe it was a LOW 4th rounder, like the 124th pick overall in the draft).

So what's your point?

links18

Reaction score
Boysboy;2363897 said:
What? The 4th rounder we gave to the Titans was OUR's(finishing 13-3, I believe it was a LOW 4th rounder, like the 124th pick overall in the draft).

So what's your point?

OK, so it was this year's 4th not next's. Still, was there even anyone in the market for Pacman other than Jerry? Would anyone else have trade picks or him or did they all have competent security staff that told them to stay far far away?

Boysboy

Reaction score
links18;2363909 said:
OK, so it was this year's 4th not next's. Still, was there even anyone in the market for Pacman other than Jerry? Would anyone else have trade picks or him or did they all have competent security staff that told them to stay far far away?

I get your point now-although the Pats and Saints(among others) initially had interest...ultimately, I believe we were the only ones that bidded for his service. While I still support Jerry's decision with this, the others that don't have very good points as well.

Anyhow-as for overpaying Flo and Hamlin...who would play LT? Free?(who still needs another year to develop) McQ?(RT is more comfortable for him, and he still needs another year or 2) Who would play FS? Watkins? Brown? Both of whom need another year or 2?

Yeah-I know both have underwhelmed greatly this year...but w/o them, it could be alot worse. Besides-we're not playing well as a TEAM. I can name countless players that are not living up to anything at all.