what do we do at wr?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Let the young guys sort it out.

Lots of teams have been winning superbowls recently with young guys sorting it out at wr.

We have enough firepower.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2159298 said:
Let the young guys sort it out.

Lots of teams have been winning superbowls recently with young guys sorting it out at wr.

We have enough firepower.
you think when we go 3 wide we'll move crayton back to the slot and have hurd or Austin on the outside?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think Felix Jones is gonna be a big part of our passing game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2159338 said:
you think when we go 3 wide we'll move crayton back to the slot and have hurd or Austin on the outside?

sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I think Felix jones will be in the slot a bunch, witten will be, crayton will be and austin at some point will be. And I am hoping Stanback will be.

Stanback needs to find a way to be active on the gameday rosters this year and that will be hard for him to do again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me get back with you in 3 or 4 weeks on that one.

Let's see how Hurd and Austin look a month from now.

We will know much more then than we do know.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
zrinkill;2159349 said:
I think Felix Jones is gonna be a big part of our passing game.

I look at Brian Westbrook and think if Jones can be half of that we are going to dominate.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
big dog cowboy;2159362 said:
Let me get back with you in 3 or 4 weeks on that one.

Let's see how Hurd and Austin look a month from now.

We will know much more then than we do know.

Right, and if that or a trade for another WR falls through, we may end up bring Glenn back. (vet contracts are non guaranteed once the season starts)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
abersonc;2159367 said:
I look at Brian Westbrook and think if Jones can be half of that we are going to dominate.

remember the cowboys front office, specifically Tom Ciskowski compared him to Charlie Garner who is very similar to westbrook, just bigger if I remember correctly.

Obviously westbrook is the better player but it gives some perspective.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
abersonc;2159367 said:

I see us using him in a more of a Larry Centers style.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2159350 said:
sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I think Felix jones will be in the slot a bunch, witten will be, crayton will be and austin at some point will be. And I am hoping Stanback will be.

Stanback needs to find a way to be active on the gameday rosters this year and that will be hard for him to do again.
sure puts a lot on felix between probably returning kicks,running and recieving. I really hope Austin steps up as i think Hurd will this year.

FCBarca

Reaction score
I find it very odd the timing of how this went down...There seemed to be no indication from Jerry they really seriously considered bringing him back...And, yet, they wanted until this time to do it?...We were led to believe this was about money/insurance yet it came down to wanting to go in another direction?...Then why now?...Strange

We'll see whether through TC they see an emegence...Otherwise, waiver wire city