What Do You Think of the New Fox Game Bar?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Anyone watching the new Gints/Chefs game? They're debuting their new graphical format.

Looks okay, but I prefer last year's more. The numbers were easier to see and it took me a few moments to realize that quarters isn't represented by numbers but by tiny yellow dots. The words and numbers are WAY too small.

superpunk

Reaction score
Avery said:
Anyone watching the new Gints/Chefs game? They're debuting their new graphical format.

Looks okay, but I prefer last year's more. The numbers are easier to see and it took me a few moments to realize that quarters isn't represented by numbes but by tiny yellow dots. The words and numbers are WAY too small.

It seems like the networks are saying, if you do't have hi-def widescreen, screw you. It looks fine on my TV, but I can see how it could get annoying if it was a little fuzzy.

kmd24

Reaction score
It looks great in HD. Much better than the last two years. :)

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Yeah it took me forever to realize what quarter it was.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheKey said:
Yeah it took me forever to realize what quarter it was.
Me too. Whoever thought up dots as quarter markers are idiots.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Change the dots to simply say '1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th' and it'd be easier.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Me too. Whoever thought up dots as quarter markers are idiots.

This is what happens when people overthink themselves. They think, "What would be so new-age that people would just think, 'WOW, I love this!'"

Now, the problem that they've caused is that while it might look "new age", it fails to serve it's main purpose, show the score and time.

I liked last year's better. I can see it fine, but I would understand why it'd give people fits.

Did anyone notice how they only use lke 1/4 of the bar, and the rest is just blank?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
This is what happens when people overthink themselves. They think, "What would be so new-age that people would just think, 'WOW, I love this!'"

Now, the problem that they've caused is that while it might look "new age", it fails to serve it's main purpose, show the score and time.

I liked last year's better. I can see it fine, but I would understand why it'd give people fits.

Did anyone notice how they only use lke 1/4 of the bar, and the rest is just blank?

Dots as quarters are the Dennis Miller of the football graphics world.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Dots as quarters are the Dennis Miller of the football graphics world.

You'll have to forgive me, but I have no idea who Dennis Miller is.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:

he's a snide comedian who looks like jason patric.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:

ummm how long have you been watching football?? Miller did MNF like 4 seasons ago.

Reed

Reaction score
i wouldnt know, i was at the game and just got home, im hammered, droppped 80 bucks on beer, damnit!

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
ummm how long have you been watching football?? Miller did MNF like 4 seasons ago.

I've watched seriously since 2003.

I'm only 15, gimme a break! :p:

JSP21

Redneck Daddy
Reaction score
I hate it. But then again, I don't have HDTV.

But when viewing earlier tonite, I thought it was the 4th quarter for some reason in the Chiefs game. Turned it on an hour and a half later, and it's still on, I was like ***. HAHA

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I've watched seriously since 2003.

I'm only 15, gimme a break! :p:

No offense... Here, how about this. From your posts I was under the impression you were much older:D

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Avery said:

Looks okay, but I prefer last year's more. The numbers were easier to see and it took me a few moments to realize that quarters isn't represented by numbers but by tiny yellow dots. The words and numbers are WAY too small.
you need a bigger TV.