What do you think?

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Somehow I have the feeling that WP is holding back on the Defense untill we play New England.Thats when He'll unleash the D,to stop New England.I get the feeling he's holding them back just a little bit.Plus the way BB is so inclined to cheat,(stealing signals/illegal scouting((I made that one up))he wont give them an advantage to beat us.what do you think?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug;1669794 said:
Somehow I have the feeling that WP is holding back on the Defense untill we play New England.Thats when He'll unleash the D,to stop New England.I get the feeling he's holding them back just a little bit.Plus the way BB is so inclined to cheat,(stealing signals/illegal scouting((I made that one up))he wont give them an advantage to beat us.what do you think?

I don't think they are holding back I think guys will gradually improve in this defense as we go along and they get more comfortable with it.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1669799 said:
I don't think they are holding back I think guys will gradually improve in this defense as we go along and they get more comfortable with it.

I've seen that,and agree with you.I also feel,or I guess I bought into the instant fix that WP should bring.Maybe I expect too much too soon.

Reaction score
djdoug;1669794 said:

SD had NE beat last year, BUT...

Take away 2 Marlon McCree gaffes---a taunting/headbutting penalty on a 3rd down that lead to a NE score and a McCree fumble after a 4th down INT against the Pats last year in the Divisional round......

SD could have been SB Champs--they own Indy and would have rolled over the Bears in Miami

We might be looking at Norv Turner as our head coach

One thing Im looking toward before that game even starts--the over/under

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Nobody is holding anything back. C'mon dude, back to reality. THis is the NFL, our game this weekend against the Rams is a bigger game than the Pats. The Pats are in the AFC, the Rams are not.

I make this point only because every game matters, and nobody is going to disguise anything for 5 weeks so we can play the patiots, whom we have ZERO history with.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1669819 said:
Nobody is holding anything back. C'mon dude, back to reality. THis is the NFL, our game this weekend against the Rams is a bigger game than the Pats. The Pats are in the AFC, the Rams are not.

I make this point only because every game matters, and nobody is going to disguise anything for 5 weeks so we can play the patiots, whom we have ZERO history with.

we have zero history.yes you're right.San Diego does.Enter Wade Phillips,former Defensive coordinator for San Diego.follow?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1669819 said:

I agree with you. No doubt the Pats game is a big test but it does not hold the same weight as how we do against the other NFC teams. The games against the AFC team have no bearing on any tie breakers at all.

thekavorka

Reaction score
The NE offensive line has been godly this year. Let's see what Wade can do.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You don't go into games with one arm tied behind your back

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1669799 said:
They're certainly holding the defense back without Newman. We've played virtually no man coverage without him.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Considering how the defense played against the Giants, I would hope he was holding them back a lot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1669844 said:
They're certainly holding the defense back without Newman. We've played virtually no man coverage without him.

I agree we change some things so that we are not putting a player in a situation is may not be able to handle right now. I would consider that making adjustment to the people you have on the field not hiding or holding back defensive calls from other teams. Face it Wade has been in the NFL for over 40 years and I think other coaches understand Phillips and his defenses and what he likes to do.