What do you want to see on offense when Tony returns?

wick

Reaction score
There are a few games to play before we really get to see the benefit of bringing in a player like Roy Williams, but let's fast forward to mid-November for the sake of argument. What do you want to see on offense at that point? For me, I'd like to see Garrett line up Owens, Williams, and Witten on the same side of the field and run them interchangeably at different depths. That's almost impossible to effectively defense, and it would be a great way to free up Owens on underneath crossing patterns.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
positive plays and an offense that dictates to any front or coverage that is put before them.

dre1614

Reaction score
Since we run a lot of shotgun 3 WR sets........

--RW--------OT-OG-OC-OG-OT--------TO----
----------JW----------------------PC---------
----------------------------------------------
---------------------TR----MB---------------

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
wick;2340240 said:
There are a few games to play before we really get to see the benefit of bringing in a player like Roy Williams, but let's fast forward to mid-November for the sake of argument. What do you want to see on offense at that point? For me, I'd like to see Garrett line up Owens, Williams, and Witten on the same side of the field and run them interchangeably at different depths. That's almost impossible to effectively defense, and it would be a great way to free up Owens on underneath crossing patterns.

why would we bunch them up like that? I want TO wide left RW wide right Crayton in Slot Witten at TE and MB3 in the back field.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Shotgun, 3 wides.

RW---------------- LT LG C RG RT------------- Witten ---------Owens

--------------Barber--- Romo -----Jones

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Max protection, 3 TE set, Deon Anderson at RB, Stanback split out wide

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dre1614;2340260 said:
Since we run a lot of shotgun 3 WR sets........

--RW--------OT-OG-OC-OG-OT--------TO----
----------JW----------------------PC---------
---------------------TR----MB---------------

that's exactly what I want to see someone should forward this to GarreTT

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I'd like to see some shorter to mid range pass plays to TO, and Felix. We wait too long to try and open up the 20Plus yard play and that is starting to cost us. Mix it up, move TO around. Use the big size we have in TO, Austin, RW, and Witten. Short leading passes on slants etc. Romo is good at throwing those.

Use the outside of the field with Felix. Middle is too clogged up for Barbarian. Lets spread the field a bit. Been a bit too predictable.

LarryCanadian

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I want to stay with a solid running game and hope Garrett doesn't get too pass happy again. ask the pats how that worked out.

utrunner07

Reaction score
RW---Miles------------- LT LG C RG RT------------- Witten ---------Owens

--------------Barber--- Romo -----

thekavorka

Reaction score
consistency on almost every drive and less 3rd and longs and less 3 and outs

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Blocking. Give him the time he needs and this sucker is going to fly.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
--------OT-OG-OC-OG-OT-MB---------RW
-----JW---------------------------TO------
-------------------------------------------
------------------TR----MBIII------------

2 TE, 2 WR, MBIII in single back shotgun.

This is a great run/pass look. If defenses leave three to cover TO and RW, one of them will get a one-on-one matchup. Or Dallas can ease JW out into a pattern and get single coverage. If the D keeps 4 DBs back (or more), it's a great running formation. (7 blockers on 7 defenders)

Plus, you can actually use motion (look it up JG) for either Witt or TO to get the defense all discombobulated.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
wick;2340240 said:
I'd like to see that set of receivers and then unleash Felix against an undermanned front line.

I never saw RW as a priority while Austin and Crayfish developed. But as long as he's here, let him take the burden off of T.O. And may you catch a lot of them too, RW!

:D