What Ever Happened To...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
...the following posters? If anybody knows where they are now please share.

Sly?

BrokeJumper

BondBroker?

Shapeshifter...real name Bill Lawler? Lived in Oregon.

Falcon...a.k.a. Glen Corbell? One of the smartest guys ever.

Rick Martens?

CoCo

Reaction score
Hostile;1386066 said:

Sly?

BrokeJumper

BondBroker?

Rick Martens?

Wow, some real blasts from the past.

Totally forgot about Sly. He posted A LOT. My recollection is that he was involved in some board drama (no disrespect intended) and decided, short version, to make better use of his time. As far as I know, he made that choice and has never looked back. Kind of admire that. :)

BondBroker. Pretty sure I have this right given his poster name. His activity here was through the roof but mostly because he was out of work (he truly was a bond broker). Once he got a new job I remember him saying he would pretty much be gone for good because he would be so busy. Again, looks like he was true to his word.

Brokejumper - I always got him mixed up with bondbroker because of the "broke" thing.

Some of the others ring a bell but I have no idea of there whereabouts.

Much as I love the Cowboys, and getting as much news as I can on them, I sometimes think I was a happier fan before I read these boards. Why? There is much drama created here that I can easily be sucked into. Some posters are so resolute in their negative thinking, and relentless in sharing, defending and promoting that opinion, that it at times colors my own outlook on the team.

The potential hiring of Norv Turner for instance. Some folks were so negative and loud about that it made me feel at times he/we were doomed as a team before he even set foot at VR (which I didn't really believe). What kind of fun is it to follow you team with that prevailing attitude? Question the wisdom of the choice, present alternative thoughts, but then try to find some positive in even a move you disagree with. I know those folks will claim I'm a "sheep" or "burying my head in the sand (or worse :eek: )" and they are simply being "realists." But honestly without hope, it leads to despair. I choose to have hope. I don't think that makes me a homer though I know some would claim so.

I've found for me a happy balance by reading more and posting less. I frankly don't find too many posters that give sincere consideration to a contrary point of view. I pick and choose who to "respond" to very carefully and rarely go back and forth because I've finally learned its mostly a brick wall.

There are a handful of posters who don't resolutely claim to have the answer on every topic. I love to read their thoughts, and exchange ideas. I value the thoughts of those who add credibility to their opinions by demonstrating an openness to contrary thoughts. I've tried to become more that way myself as a result. I'll cite Dale & Chief as examples though they rarely post anymore.

What prompted all this? Just thinking about why folks leave. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CoCo;1386095 said:
Wow, some real blasts from the past.

Totally forgot about Sly. He posted A LOT. My recollection is that he was involved in some board drama (no disrespect intended) and decided, short version, to make better use of his time. As far as I know, he made that choice and has never looked back. Kind of admire that. :)

BondBroker. Pretty sure I have this right given his poster name. His activity here was through the roof but mostly because he was out of work (he truly was a bond broker). Once he got a new job I remember him saying he would pretty much be gone for good because he would be so busy. Again, looks like he was true to his word.

Brokejumper - I always got him mixed up with bondbroker because of the "broke" thing.

Some of the others ring a bell but I have no idea of there whereabouts.

Much as I love the Cowboys, and getting as much news as I can on them, I sometimes think I was a happier fan before I read these boards. Why? There is much drama created here that I can easily be sucked into. Some posters are so resolute in their negative thinking, and relentless in sharing, defending and promoting that opinion, that it at times colors my own outlook on the team.

The potential hiring of Norv Turner for instance. Some folks were so negative and loud about that it made me feel at times he/we were doomed as a team before he even set foot at VR (which I didn't really believe). What kind of fun is it to follow you team with that prevailing attitude? Question the wisdom of the choice, present alternative thoughts, but then try to find some positive in even a move you disagree with. I know those folks will claim I'm a "sheep" or "burying my head in the sand (or worse :eek: )" and they are simply being "realists." But honestly without hope, it leads to despair. I choose to have hope. I don't think that makes me a homer though I know some would claim so.

I've found for me a happy balance by reading more and posting less. I frankly don't find too many posters that give sincere consideration to a contrary point of view. I pick and choose who to "respond" to very carefully and rarely go back and forth because I've finally learned its mostly a brick wall.

There are a handful of posters who don't resolutely claim to have the answer on every topic. I love to read their thoughts, and exchange ideas. I value the thoughts of those who add credibility to their opinions by demonstrating an openness to contrary thoughts. I've tried to become more that way myself as a result. I'll cite Dale & Chief as examples though they rarely post anymore.

What prompted all this? Just thinking about why folks leave. :D
I will consider contrary points of view, unless that is all the poster ever offers. That to me is trolling. Just looking for reactions. I don't respect that at all. The common theme with those that do is they think because they get a lot of responses it's a good thing. It isn't.

I try to be friendly and joke around with all the posters. Some you simply cannot joke with. There are far too many personal dislikes between posters.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I envy those who can use the ignore feature and I applaud those who actually use it even though it has flaws. I tried to resign my post a few months ago. I got talked out of it. More than anything else I looked forward to a lot of posters going on my ignore feature. I wouldn't announce who was on there as some do, I'd just revel in not having to see some of the posts any more.

The problem is I can't help responding to some ridiculous thoughts. I try not to, but I'm not always successful.

I'd love to see a whole forum full of posters who know the troll philosophies and simply don't respond and feed the trolls.

I brought up these posters because they were at one time very active. I just wondered what happened to them.

Mash

Reaction score
What ever happened to Hollywood Henderson? not the player....:D .....used to post with him at the old CNNSI boards

Rocky

Reaction score
Hostile;1386066 said:

Sly?

BrokeJumper

BondBroker?

Rick Martens?

I've never acknowledged any of the posters you've cited, but I tend to not pay close attn to personalities/handles so much unless they clearly stand out--for better or worse.

My guess is that some prolific posters burn out, simply lose interest, or somehow become alienated for some reason. Perhaps some develop other hobbies... or worse: they could have gone to the dark side that is another NFC East fan site. The latter speculation is rather morbid, I realize.

CoCo

Reaction score
Hostile;1389215 said:
I will consider contrary points of view, unless that is all the poster ever offers. That to me is trolling. Just looking for reactions. I don't respect that at all. The common theme with those that do is they think because they get a lot of responses it's a good thing. It isn't.

I try to be friendly and joke around with all the posters. Some you simply cannot joke with. There are far too many personal dislikes between posters.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I envy those who can use the ignore feature and I applaud those who actually use it even though it has flaws. I tried to resign my post a few months ago. I got talked out of it. More than anything else I looked forward to a lot of posters going on my ignore feature. I wouldn't announce who was on there as some do, I'd just revel in not having to see some of the posts any more.

The problem is I can't help responding to some ridiculous thoughts. I try not to, but I'm not always successful.

I'd love to see a whole forum full of posters who know the troll philosophies and simply don't respond and feed the trolls.

I brought up these posters because they were at one time very active. I just wondered what happened to them.

It is kind of funny that despite posters that tend to drive me nuts I don't put them on ignore. Kind of like driving by an accident. You just have to look even though you may not like what you see.

I was aware of your resignation, but I guess I was oblivious that you had manned your post once more. Thanks for continuing to do a thankless task. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mash;1390051 said:
What ever happened to Hollywood Henderson? not the player....:D .....used to post with him at the old CNNSI boards
He got suspended for some personal attacks, and didn't learn from it so he ended up getting banned.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CoCo;1395467 said:
It is kind of funny that despite posters that tend to drive me nuts I don't put them on ignore. Kind of like driving by an accident. You just have to look even though you may not like what you see.

I was aware of your resignation, but I guess I was oblivious that you had manned your post once more. Thanks for continuing to do a thankless task. :D
Yeah, I got talked out of it. I'm such a sucker.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1395638 said:
Brain threatened to show him his boobs if he didn't stay. :D

Yeah, but you like it when Brain makes the tassels go around in circles. :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I talked to Rick Martens over a year ago.....he was using a different user name which I can't think of at the moment.