What happened to our wishbone offense?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Remember the game against Washington when we came out with what appeared to be a modern day version of the wishbone. We had Cricket and either Bennett or Witten liked up at FB's with Barber behind them. Washington could not defend it and we went on to win the biggest game of our season to date, behind a great running game in cold weather in Washington. Since then, where has it gone? I though we would see it a lot after the success we had running behind it in Washington, but I don't remember seeing it since. By the end of the game, Washington didn't even want to step up to take on the run anymore.

Just a thought. Going into a cold weather game, in a place where we have not had much success, a part of me thinks we need to go a bit unconventional, like we did in Washington.

30yrheel

Reaction score
it was a full house backfield.
i've wondered the same. it seems like garrett doesn't go back to what worked in previous games. maybe it doesn't work against the ravens, but try it once?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Actually, it was MBII deep with Bennett and Witten lined up in the A formation, both TE's led MBIII up the middle and got on the LBs.

I like that formation too, but there's actually been nothing wrong with our running game other than Garrett not using it enough.

With Choice having the average per rush he's had, he should be getting 20-25 carries, not 15.