What have we Clinched?

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
I fully understand what we have clinched. We are going to the playoffs. We could lose out and still play in the playoffs as a wildcard.

However, I was looking at NFL.com's standings HERE and they have us as "clinched wild card".

It may be logistics, but shouldn't it read that we have "clinched playoff."

HERE ARE THE OPTIONS:

x - Clinched playoff
y - Clinched Wild Card
z - Clinched Division
* - Clinched Division and Homefield Advantage

I would only use the "clinched wild card" if all the divisions were already clinched and a team had clinched one of the final two spots in the playoffs as a wildcard. In that scenerio, they would have "clinched wild card."

At this point, America's Team has "clinched playoff". Shortly followed by "Clinched Division", then "Clinched Division and Homfield Advantage" and then "Superbowl Champs."

Keep in mind that NFL.com standings had the packers listed ahead of the Cowboys most of time when the Cowboys actually had the tiebreaker.

This is not a big deal and will change soon, but this is the kind of stuff that bothers me.

Am I wrong about this?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I think it's because theoretically the Giants could still win the division. But we would still be a wild card.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Maxmadden;1805953 said:
I think it's because theoretically the Giants could still win the division. But we would still be a wild card.

Yea, but placing that way now is more wishful thinking on the NFL's part than hwo it should be placed.

We have clinched a playoff spot. We can either be a wild card or a division champ. We shouldn't be "clinched wildcard" until the Giants mathmatically win the division.

newcster68

Reaction score
Maxmadden;1805953 said:

/me slaps Maxmadden

"What were/are you thinking man? get yer head out of the toilet":bang2:

newcster68

Reaction score
Haven't we also got home field advantage now through the playoffs?

Maybe a new symbol - x*

newcster68

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1805967 said:
wait a minute .. just wait one sec.. I knew I heard a seen somewhere, aah yes here it is..

Home-field advantage in the NFC likely is at stake Thursday, and the last thing the Cowboys want to do is play the NFC title game at Lambeau in January. But Wade Phillips has won a playoff game at Green Bay -- as Atlanta's D-coordinator in 2002.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Maxmadden;1805953 said:
I think it's because theoretically the Giants could still win the division.

Stop !!!!!!!!!!:lmao2::lmao2: Your Killing me !!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

kevwun

Reaction score
If the Giants lose today, we clinch the division. If we win next week, we clinch the division.