What I expect this week

fortdick

Reaction score
I expect Brad Johnson will have a good game. All the flak this week over whether Jerruh has thrown him under the bus (or out of the plane) and all the speculation that Bollinger would be a better choice, I expect that he will step up and show a lot of peopole wrong.

The guy is an experienced vet. He has been to the big dance and won. HE knows how to handle pressure. This is the type of situation in which a real professional rises. Johnsopn may not have the skills he once had, but he still has the heart and the drive. He will make it work.

Does that mean we beat the Giants? I don't know, but I expect to see TO and Roy Williams making plays this week. Johnson is not Tony Romo, but he knows the game as well as anybody at Valley Ranch. He will do what he has to do to get Barber free.

This week it is up to our defense to keep us close and let MBIII win it in the fourth quarter. Brad Johnson can get it done.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I don't know. The thing that has shocked me the most about Johnson is that he has been horribly inaccurate. That's the area I thought he would be okay in. We know he has a weak arm and is immobile, but at least I thought he was accurate. Without accuracy he's nothing.

It's like taking on a professional boxer and saying "bring it on, bro. I may be small but I'm really weak"!!

Champsheart

Reaction score
fortdick;2387215 said:
I expect Brad Johnson will have a good game. All the flak this week over whether Jerruh has thrown him under the bus (or out of the plane) and all the speculation that Bollinger would be a better choice, I expect that he will step up and show a lot of peopole wrong.

The guy is an experienced vet. He has been to the big dance and won. HE knows how to handle pressure. This is the type of situation in which a real professional rises. Johnsopn may not have the skills he once had, but he still has the heart and the drive. He will make it work.

Does that mean we beat the Giants? I don't know, but I expect to see TO and Roy Williams making plays this week. Johnson is not Tony Romo, but he knows the game as well as anybody at Valley Ranch. He will do what he has to do to get Barber free.

This week it is up to our defense to keep us close and let MBIII win it in the fourth quarter. Brad Johnson can get it done.

I seriously doubt Brad Johnson plays well. He has been horrible, and nothing so far suggests that will change.
Yes he once was a good QB, he is a vet, but he is obviously washed up.
All we can hope is he does not get us beat with turnovers and somehow can make 1 or 2 throws that matter.

Champsheart

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2387232 said:
I don't know. The thing that has shocked me the most about Johnson is that he has been horribly inaccurate. That's the area I thought he would be okay in. We know he has a weak arm and is immobile, but at least I thought he was accurate. Without accuracy he's nothing.

It's like taking on a professional boxer and saying "bring it on, bro. I may be small but I'm really weak"!!

Horribly inaccurate is right! Some of the worst accuracy I have ever seen from a Pro QB. Even the balls our receivers have caught are bad throws.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Its not that I think his accuracy is gone,I think he's playing scared.He acts like he's afraid he's gonna get hurt! OR,he doesnt want to WIN.Its one or the other.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2387232 said:

That is my whole point as well, it is one thing to have a weak arm but to have that weak of an arm and not be accurate either makes it impossible for you to play in this league.

Makes you wonder why on earth Bollinger is even is even wasting a roster spot, the guy cant even beat out Brad Johnson.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
fortdick;2387215 said:

I hope you're right. He threw it well in preseason. Now he's throwing off his back foot and he does act like he's afraid to throw the damn thing. I think he'll see the film and react accordingly. If we pressure Eli enough and give Johnson time as well as run the ball while stopping their run then we have a chance. Assuming STs does it's job.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
let's hope so...I agree he's been there and has the maturity, but his physical skills are just not looking good in the last 2 games.

CoCo

Reaction score
fortdick;2387215 said:

I'm kind of with you on this. I'm not ready to write Brad off completely.

I don't think Brad is as bad as he's shown thus far. He was better vs Tampa than STL and I thought got progressively more comfortable (obviously not leaps & bounds) during the game last week.

Though I am certainly counting the days until Romo and the other wounded return I am interested to see how we respond to everyone writing us off versus NY.

We'll see.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Johnson cannot work his way into having a quick release and stronger throwing arm at his age. We are stuck with pee paw throwing us under the bus.