What if Al Harris was the head coach in 2025

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's been said on here let's get a young guy in here with fresh new ideas, why not give it a shot. Hell by week 6 he may already be the head coach, hopefully they'll give him the full title if so! Please give your thoughts

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Didn't he say recently that he's not an x & o's guy (at least now)? Whitt Jr. was the secondary coach. Harris was strictly the CB coach.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Imo, not a chance in the world. If you are young, you need to be like his son or his puppet. I doubt Harris fits either of those. He seems to prefer coaches that he can both puppet, and be his sorry self with.

chuck520

Reaction score
Its not going to matter who the HC is because the front office refuses to spend money. This team will never win the Super Bowl.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We just don't know about about Harris. He clearly is competent coaching a group of 8-9 DBs. A whole team? Nobody knows.
Well we don't know a lot of things with GM Jethro, so it would make since.

Harris and Trance together for the next 10 years.

The Natural

Reaction score
We just don't know about about Harris. He clearly is competent coaching a group of 8-9 DBs. A whole team? Nobody knows.
Well, it's not that he just coaches a group of 8-9 DBs. Since Dan Quinn spent every game hiding in the booth, Al was in the trenches connecting with the entire defense. I wouldn't doubt his ability to delegate responsibilities across a team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well, it's not that he just coaches a group of 8-9 DBs. Since Dan Quinn spent every game hiding in the booth, Al was in the trenches connecting with the entire defense. I wouldn't doubt his ability to delegate responsibilities across a team.
His strength is in the trenches connecting with the players. That does not always translate well into being an X and O's guy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's been said on here let's get a young guy in here with fresh new ideas, why not give it a shot. Hell by week 6 he may already be the head coach, hopefully they'll give him the full title if so! Please give your thoughts
I watched a movie 20 or so years ago. It was something like Frankenstein and all these young Drs were in medical school. The professor told them all they have never had an original thought in their life.

You think some new coach actually reinvents the game of football?

If All Harris can get Mahomes to come to Dallas.... sign me up. If not, who cares. We got rid of JG, hired a SB winning coach which is what so many in here wanted. Now a few years later its time for a new coach.....lol

The Natural

Reaction score
His strength is in the trenches connecting with the players. That does not always translate well into being an X and O's guy.
What does this even mean? Mike Nolan was an “Xs and Os” guy and he flamed out here after one season. This is what matters to me in a HC: can you lead? Are players willing to follow you? Can you develop a culture? Can you bring in the right coaches on both sides of the ball to develop a winning strategy?