What If

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dungy decides to walk away after the SB?

He has stated in the past that he did not want to coach into his 50's. He is already 51. How would this affect the Cowboys?

Now I understand that common sense tells everyone that He will continue to coach after this year.. but it is not out of the question that if the colts win today that he steps down on top.

If that happens, how much of an impact does it have on the Cowboys and their search??

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1357058 said:
Dungy decides to walk away after the SB?

He has stated in the past that he did not want to coach into his 50's. He is already 51. How would this affect the Cowboys?

Now I understand that common sense tells everyone that He will continue to coach after this year.. but it is not out of the question that if the colts win today that he steps down on top.

If that happens, how much of an impact does it have on the Cowboys and their search??
There is no way to determine this impact until it actually happens.

Tom Moore, the Indy OC, has stated he doesn't want to be a HC. I would imagine that would put Caldwell atop their list. That is pure speculation by me though. I have no real idea.

Hunter71

Reaction score
He's not going to walk away the day after or even two days after which is the timeframe for hiring a coach...

Dungy is a smart, methodical man and will think about it for a little while before making a decision...

Unless JJ knows for a fact that Dungy is walking away and interested in coaching the Cowboys, it won't effect his search...

superpunk

Reaction score
I would think Rivera would be their #1 candidate, in that case. Tom Moore and Peyton run the offense, so they'd look for someone who could go defense - and noone available would fill Dungy's shoes with such little commotion as Rivera.

That is an interesting thought.

JaiRiid

Reaction score
If Dungy walks after the Super Bowl he will be going straight to the ministry... he's made it known that's what he wants to do after football...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hunter71;1357102 said:
He's not going to walk away the day after or even two days after which is the timeframe for hiring a coach...

Dungy is a smart, methodical man and will think about it for a little while before making a decision...

Unless JJ knows for a fact that Dungy is walking away and interested in coaching the Cowboys, it won't effect his search...

Maybe he's been thinking about it since they got into the playoffs..