What makes this different than Deion?

31smackdown

Reaction score
Just a curiousity I had for fellow fans. What makes this signing any different than Deion for you? Was Deion not hated by pretty much everyone of us? I know I couldn't stand the guy before he came to Dallas. He also thought of himself as bigger than the game and had a mouth twice as big as TO's. He was also just as good, if not better than TO at getting paid more than or at the top of what he's was worth.

But no one could deny that when Deion was on your side, you were happy he was there and he changed the way the opponents played us. TO will do the same thing.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
31smackdown said:
Just a curiousity I had for fellow fans. What makes this signing any different than Deion for you? Was Deion not hated by pretty much everyone of us? I know I couldn't stand the guy before he came to Dallas. He also thought of himself as bigger than the game and had a mouth twice as big as TO's. He was also just as good, if not better than TO at getting paid more than or at the top of what he's was worth.

But no one could deny that when Deion was on your side, you were happy he was there and he changed the way the opponents played us. TO will do the same thing.

Deion was a CB not a WR...duh :lmao2:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
31smackdown said:
Well the obvious reason is that TO desecrated the star and Deion did no such thing. But that seems to bother others more than I.

I will deny that I was ever happy that Deion was on "my side" - I never liked the guy, even when he was with the Cowboys. The difference, I guess, is that I stopped actively rooting against him. But I felt embarassed when he acted like a jackarse and I was glad to see him go when he finally went.

I actually feel stronger about Deion than I do about TO.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We aren't mortgaging the future on a guy that won't be here in 3 years.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
31smackdown said:

name me 1, much less 2, teams deion got kicked off of.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
iceberg said:
name me 1, much less 2, teams deion got kicked off of.

Exactly.

Comparing Deion and Owens is quite a stretch.

Deion didn't publicly humiliate his coaches and quarterbacks.

Deion loved the fame and the money.

So does Owens, except that he's also a disruptive knothead.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I think there's no comparing TO and Deion. Deion was never so disrespectful of the opposing team. He never got personal with players (like accusing them of being gay).

I always liked Deion, he reminded me of Joe Namath and Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson.

Mostly, I liked Deion because he was a playmaker. He made stuff happen.

Just my two "cent".