What percent of Merchandise?

31smackdown

Reaction score
Does anyone know what percentage of the merchandise sales goes into Jerry Jones pocket? Is it 100% - the cost or what?

Also is there a current list of top selling Cowboys Jerseys with an approx. number sold?

Does anyone have any idea approx. how many Roy Williams Jersey's are sold each year?

I'm just trying to figure out approx. how much money a team makes back on their top players merchandise sales... I mean.. is it $100,000 $500,000, $1,000,000, $5,000,000??

Really, I'm just trying to find out if Jerry has made his money back on TO merchandise yet, so he can cut him... Just kidding, but I had to do it..

Also, do star players have merchandise written into their contracts... or can they? Is there a standard amount determined by the CBA or something?

Just curious..

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
these are good questions.. i am into jersey sales statistics..

i know that right now, TO is the biggest selling NFL jersey..

i know that before TO got here, Roy was by far the biggest selling Cowboys jersey, and he was ranked around #11 or so overall..

i know that before Roy, Emmitt was by far the best selling Cowboys jersey and that he was the overall best selling NFL jersey for some time..

sago1

Reaction score
Don't know whether JJ gets to keep the whole amount or whether he has to give some percentage, per CBA, to pool for the "less fortunate" teams.

conner01

Reaction score
i know the nfl gets a nice chunk because they licence the stuff. but i don't know the pct'
it might be in the cba and you can read it at nflpa.org
it is very long though

PeeKZ_333

Reaction score
I thought Jerry does his own, thats why you dont see Parcells name in Madden. You see Dallas Coach .

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
do the players get a cut? i could have sworn i heard something along the lines of Reggie Bush giving $5 to a charity for each one of his jerseys that was sold, if they had let him have his #5.