What pisses me off the most defensively...

BlueStar22

Reaction score
we were very aggressive against Indy. We were physical with their receivers from start to finish. Philly's first drive, what do I see? Newman and Henry playing 10 yards off their receivers. I'm like, okay, this is a West Coast scheme which thrives on short passes, why in the hell are we giving that much of a cushion to Hank Basket and Reggie Brown? Jeff Garcia completed damn near everything to the middle of the field.

I forgot about Stallworth but hell Garcia ain't throwin too deep.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1259806 said:
we were very aggressive against Indy. We were physical with their receivers from start to finish. Philly's first drive, what do I see? Newman and Henry playing 10 yards off their receivers. I'm like, okay, this is a West Coast scheme which thrives on short passes, why in the hell are we giving that much of a cushion to Hank Basket and Reggie Brown? Jeff Garcia completed damn near everything to the middle of the field.

I am convinced someone else setup our defense against Indy.

It was the only game that we had a "perfect" defensive scheme in place.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The defense is a passive defense........not an attacking defense. The one time we attacked, in the Indy game, we were very successful. Otherwise, Zimm wants to force the opponent to march down the field, hoping they make a mistake along the way. When he calls a blitz, the first priority of the blitzers is to run straight into a blocker, not to try to get to the qb.

Look at the other 3-4's in the league, they all attack and dictate to the offense.

dcjules

Reaction score
Great point.....we play great coverage against Manning and his wr's, both of whom are studs...we were agressive and challenged them right off he ball....but today we line up soft....what the hell BAskett, Stalworth, Brown and freaken Schobel???? what the F.....embarrassing...poor poor defensive strategy.....take away the slants, crossing routes, play physical with these guys.....its all in hindsight but we just flat out got outfoxed!1