What really impresses me about SD vs. Denver

Woods

Reaction score
game, which I am currently watching, is how PHYSICAL San Diego is on both the offensive and defensive lines.

They have a really tough attitude, and they are BIG.

I think our OL has the makings of a good one in the future, but we really need to revamp our DL. I know I'm not saying anything that's rocket science here, but looking at a real playoff team like SD, we really need to add some beef along side Glover and control the line of scrimmage on a consistent basis.

Woods

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
i picked denver...:doh!: :(

I keep thinking SD isn't for real, but they are very stout against the run, have a solid running game, an efficent QB, and a reliable TE.

In today's age of parity, that's enough for a playoff spot.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Woods said:
game, which I am currently watching, is how PHYSICAL San Diego is on both the offensive and defensive lines.

I think our OL has the makings of a good one in the future, but we really need to revamp our DL. I know I'm not saying anything that's rocket science here, but looking at a real playoff team like SD, we really need to add some beef along side Glover and control the line of scrimmage on a consistent basis.
I knew getting rid of Wiley would improve the attitude of their defense. What a bum. I wonder who was stupid enough to sign that guy?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
OLine coach has Dallas ties.

Watch the Charger front 7 on Defense reaal closely.
:p

es22

Reaction score
Nors said:
OLine coach has Dallas ties.

Watch the Charger front 7 on Defense reaal closely.
:p

It is nice to see Hudson Houck (Dallas 1993-2001) make the OL physical. I really loved it when he was with us, and gave our OL an attitude.

Don't forget RB coach Clarence Shelmon who was with us and helped out Emmitt.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

I also like their NT, Williams and Godfrey, along with Foley and Donnie Edwards is playing incredible. It is fun watching this club play.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
es22 said:

The "good old days"??? The Gailey/Campo era???

Didn't Emmitt had his best days under Joe Brodsky?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
es22 said:
It is nice to see Hudson Houck (Dallas 1993-2001) make the OL physical. I really loved it when he was with us, and gave our OL an attitude.

I also like their NT, Williams and Godfrey, along with Foley and Donnie Edwards is playing incredible. It is fun watching this club play.
NT, Williams MAY BE IT - SERIOUSLY. HE'S ANCHORED THEIR 3-4 DEFENSE.

9-3 record!

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I still remember Cowboy fans demanding we sign Plummer. Today should be a lesson for those who thought that way. When the game is on the line, Plummer chokes. He is just not a bright football player. He is one heck of an athlete with great arm strength but he can't read defenses.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I am one of the few Commanders fans who believed that Marty was prematurely fired. I think the Commanders under Marty showed some promise and could have turned things around.

At the beginning of this season lots of people were saying Marty wouldnt be around for another year. What a difference a few months make.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods said:

Which is why I scratch my head when I see some wanting to draft another RB in the first round this year.

:rolleyes: