What receivers can we trade for?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Assuming this all ends up bad..... :banghead:

Who is out there? Make no mistake about it, we are an average offense without that franchise guy taking 2 defenders out of the picture. TO may not have had the ESPN highlight reels the last 2 games but anyone who watched that Skins game for the strategy saw how much they respected our receivers.

I'm thinking with a decent receiver, maybe if Bledsoe has protection, we can at least try and repeat that first half of last year before Flozell went out and our tackles were turnstyles.

Javon Walker and Deion Branch are gone.

Cleveland and New Orleans run similar offenses but Joe Horn and Braylon Edwards aren't going anywhere.

I'm thinking our best bet are teams that have already given up for the season.

IF Carolina loses more games, maybe Keyshawn?
Here's one that will set the wold on fire... Antonio Bryant from San Fran! :p:
I doubt Detroit will let go of Roy Williams.
Houston won't trade their only Pro Bowler, Andre Johnson, although with a new coach ready to rebuild, if we offered up an offer too good to refuse, who knows?

I think the best target would be the Oakland Raiders. Randy Moss isn't happy, they aren't happy, they're going nowhere.... a 1st rounder, a 3rd rounder? We are a team with enough depth now that we can pull a trade like this.

Or should we just hunker down and see what ol' reliable (Terry Glenn), and the new guys Hurd, Crayton and Rector can do?

JonCJG

Reaction score
Jerry Porter talent wise would be ok.

But he would be another headache.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Randy moss will never work we know TO at least plays hard with Moss while you get nothing and his blocking for the RB effort is not good he does not fit

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Man, I think T.O. is going to be fine. Why wouldn't he play? Even if he had a moment and tried to take his own life, he's fine now (presumably) and should be able to continue on.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
How about Reggie Swinton? That Rambo dude is still out there. What about Alvin Harper?

Senny

Reaction score
i think terrel owens is fine and that this being way over hyped.. but how about charles rogers?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We could always trade 2 number 1 picks to Tampa Bay for Joey Galloway.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Assuming this thing all goes wrong, which I doubt, I think we may stand pat with what we currently have...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
We could always trade 2 number 1 picks to Tampa Bay for Joey Galloway.

lol, I believe that was one of the five worst trades in the history of the nfl!

Ren

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives said:
That Rambo dude is still out there.

we should have never let him go on, that name alone deserves a roster spot

mbanx

Reaction score
I think this all overhyped (not sure if that is even a word) but what I do know is that he needs some support. I am not even a TO supporter but hey he is here and under the biggest microscope of all time. Just because you make a buttload of money does not mean all your cares go away, with alot of money comes alot of repsonsiblity (unless you are some bs actor). I think TO believe it or not has had some serious social problems growing up and lashed out the only way he knew good or bad. Since he has come to Dallas he has only hoped everything would work out perfect but it has not and it never does I honestly think he wants to change, but it is never easy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theebs said:
lol, I believe that was one of the five worst trades in the history of the nfl!

yea, but we've also got the best trade in our favor. (walker)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Terry Glenn was a pretty darn good trade too. Probably a top 10 in Cowboys history.

i was hit/miss on glenn. at the time it was an "eh" type deal to me. in time it became a great one.

the wr i wanted this off season is in denver. : (

Chevyman08

Reaction score
We don't need to go after any receivers. This is way overhyped by the media on Owens as usual. The guy hasn't done anything wrong other than be late to a team meeting since he has come to Dallas. The media just won't stay of his butt. This will pass and there won't be any apoligies from the media. They can report anything they want without any repercussions. That is what is wrong with all media in this country. They don't get all the facts before they start reporting something.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chevyman08 said:
We don't need to go after any receivers. This is way overhyped by the media on Owens as usual. The guy hasn't done anything wrong other than be late to a team meeting since he has come to Dallas. The media just won't stay of his butt. This will pass and there won't be any apoligies from the media. They can report anything they want without any repercussions. That is what is wrong with all media in this country. They don't get all the facts before they start reporting something.

Speak for yourself.

I say we go after Raymond Berry. :p: ;)

Jake0

Reaction score
are you kidding? Totally a sky is falling, glass is half empty person. We're fine at wideout this year, fix future receiver issues due to the age of T.O. and Glenn through the coming drafts.

None of those names you mentioned would really be pullable from their team, just let it go.