Select....
Adam Vinatieri
Julian Peterson
Lavar Arrington
Charles Woodson
Ty Law
Other

if other, state who, and why.
Josh Brown, young, 5-8 50+ last season 3rd year. 58 yards is career long. 92% in second year in the league.

neosapien23

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Josh Brown, young, 5-8 50+ last season 3rd year. 58 yards is career long. 92% in second year in the league.

I would love to have Brown in Dallas as well.

KobeEgan

Reaction score
I'm not so sure..it would be awesome to have Vinatieri, but he will cost like 3 mil, and like speedkilz said, Brown is young and pretty good. and he will come cheap too. only downside with him is experience and clutch kicks

it would be awesome to get Woodson to play at FS, but he will probably cost too much and same with Law (will cost more than Woodson).

Peterson would be nice, but he hasn't shown much last year after his injury. he is still pretty solid though, and hopefully because of the injury and all that we can get him cheaper than expected. Arrington would be awesome, but someone said he doesn't want to come to Big D.

I'm thinking we should pick up Peterson (if not too expensive), then either Vinatieri or Brown (we should have money for Vinatieri). then draft a FS to hopefully start maybe?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I Jerry could get Vinatieri...WOW...That would be a Outstanding Offseason and FA isn't over yet...Not to mention the Draft hasn't happened yet!

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Spend the damn money and get Viniatieri. Sure Josh Brown is a good kicker, but you've got realize one thing.

The Cowboys are a playoff team last year with a clutch kicker. Period.

Being cheap at kicker cost the Cowboys a playoff spot, and for all we know a 6th ring (this team would beat Seattle with a freaking kicker).

Why go cheap now?

Fact is, Viniatieri is possibly the most clutch kicker in NFL history, and certainly of the past decade. IMO kicker is still, and has been since last off-season, the number 1 need of this team. Spend the money so we don't have to wince everytime they lineup for a FG/XP.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I considered Peterson but there are some drawbacks to him...size, injury, etc. So I settled on Vinitari because the need for a kicker is so great and there are some good OLB prospects to be available in the draft.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i choose other due to there being no f/s on that list, i want ed reed to be our f/s...but yeah...that wont happen...ever

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If we get any decent kicker I will be very happy. If they go into the season with any concerns at kicker then I don't believe you can call it a good offseason.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Select....
Adam Vinatieri
Julian Peterson
Lavar Arrington
Charles Woodson
Ty Law
Other

if other, state who, and why.

FS: My Idea of this is that in the draft there are TONS of FS anywhere from the 1st round in Huff and Williams, to the second round of Bullocks and Simpson etc. and then there are EVEN more in the 3rd round, so count Ty Law and Charles Woodson out.

Kicker: Vinatieri, Mare, Brown. Vinitieri is clutch, but people dont think he is worth the 3 mil that he is asking for. honestly we would have won about 3-4 more games last season if we had Vinitiere (washington game 1, Denver TG, Seattle, Oakland maybe) and KC would definately not have been as nerve racking. an upgrade at kicker is definately necessary, Mare is out as Brown is more youthful and why not pay the extra bucks for the best kicker in NFL history.

OLB: Here is the big question. since kicker is such a big position to address and FA is the only way we can do that, and linebacker is definately a position we can address in the draft with the posibility of trading up for hawk (unlikely) and a few different options at #18 and later rounds. Peterson has proven himself as an NFL icon and played the 3-4 in recent years but with the size (6'3 235), agent (postons), injury (achilles) and demand concern on Peterson make him only be worth it if we can get him at the right price. now for Arrington he suites the 3-4 size very well at (6'3 247) but people say that he refuses to learn and has a free-lancing persona, in my opinion he is 1 of the best OLB's in the NFL and would definately make a fun game when we play washington.

Kicker is a definate need in FA but it would be nice if we could some how toss in a nice LB if not arrington or peterson maybe a cheaper option such as boulware just to add some depth . . . but kicker first please AV or JB.