What Was D. Wares 40 Time?

Anguillidae

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/ware_demarcus

AGILITY
4.51 in the 40-yard dash (wind-aided) … 4.56 in the 40-yard dash (normal conditions) … 430-pound bench press … Bench pressed 225 pounds 23 times … 570-pound squat … 360-pound power clean … 4.27 20-yard shuttle … 7.08 three-cone drill … 38½-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-7 broad jump … 34-inch arm length … 10-inch hands … Right-handed.

But you can't compare the 40-yard times from this year to last year, because they have a new faster surface this year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aardvark said:
Who cares, he wont be drafted again this year
obviously he cared, since he asked... :rolleyes:

He may be gathering info to compare for this year's draft. You never know.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Anguillidae said:
But you can't compare the 40-yard times from this year to last year, because they have a new faster surface this year.

Ware ran those time at his Pro Day, not at the combine.

Essentially, there's no truly way to accurately compare those times since you'd have to have somebody run on the surface where he ran his pro day at, and you would also have to emulate the wind conditions.

Rich..........

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There's really not that much discernible difference between a 4.51 and a 4.56.

And regarding different surfaces, it may be true some tracks are better, faster than others, if the track is reasonably a good one, you won't have an extremely large discrepancy in times. I could see a player running a 4.51 on one surface and a 4.62 on another. But if the times swing beyond a second, that's highly questionable and has to be attributed to something other than track surface.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Ware ran those time at his Pro Day, not at the combine.

Essentially, there's no truly way to accurately compare those times since you'd have to have somebody run on the surface where he ran his pro day at, and you would also have to emulate the wind conditions.

Rich..........

Hmm.. I don't think so. I believe those timings were at the combine, as he did everything at the combine, if I remember correctly. Heck there was article about him doing everything at the combine, in DMN couple of weeks ago I think.

Unless you have any kind of news item saying otherwise that is.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Speaking of Ware, has anybody come across any articles about our boy? ie off season stuff,like strength and conditioning, how he felt about his first season. Would like to hear how some of our guys felt now that we're removed from the season - anybody?